Smash @ 2 per min - Tested

CharterMonkKent

The reason I like my current spec (so far) is that I can remove bubbles from multiple targets at once. And usually plenty of people waste their CCs while I'm popping. Being known as a rage jugg sure helps since no one thinks I'd have unstoppable.

Unstoppable rage juggs is becoming more common by the day- why not take a spec where you can be immune to CC and have even more mitigation for a third of the match?

Unstoppable rage juggs is becoming more common by the day- why not take a spec where you can be immune to CC and have even more mitigation for a third of the match?

I don't see a reason not too at this point. Unstoppable rage pretty much > bubble stun.

A very good pub guild on my server was having a difficult time with me last night on this spec. They were right clicking their bubbles like crazy trying to use them before I popped them. We won and it felt great.

Right clicking the bubble is the devil. All I can hope is that people who do that on the reg accidentally right click their stim buff instead :p

The reason I like my current spec (so far) is that I can remove bubbles from multiple targets at once. And usually plenty of people waste their CCs while I'm popping. Being known as a rage jugg sure helps since no one thinks I'd have unstoppable.

While I agree it is good at taking out multiple bubbles, that's what engineering slingers / snipers are best at. Better to work in tandem then to have to do it on a melee.

I run full Vigilance because I love the flow and people don't expect you to kill them quickly; surprise surprise. And the stuns in this game are a joke, so that's another reason. That's also why I run tactics on my vanguard, 30 percent mitigation while stunned and unsnarable for 8 seconds every 30 seconds.

Edit: It won't matter when they raise the level cap and full smashers can spec into unstoppable.

Edited by Invictusthetaru

I don't see a reason not too at this point. Unstoppable rage pretty much > bubble stun.

A very good pub guild on my server was having a difficult time with me last night on this spec. They were right clicking their bubbles like crazy trying to use them before I popped them. We won and it felt great.

Right clicking the bubble is the devil. All I can hope is that people who do that on the reg accidentally right click their stim buff instead :p

Not only does it counter the bubble- almost everyone uses CC they moment they are leaped to, since that's the only way to prevent a smash at that point.

The right clicking is stupid though- that's one thing that definitely needs to be fixed, bubble should pop a stun as it does now- but only when it's actually popped by damage- not with right clicks.

Last night, after finishing dalies on my Sorc and Shadow I went back to the Rage Jugg. I did a respec that trades Force Crush for unstoppable. Which means I can only do 2 shockwave smashes every 40ish seconds if perfectly timed, so in reality about 2 a minute. I call this spec the dirty bubble popper (to eliminate stun bubbles). The bubble breaking worked wonders btw.

My thoughts on having two shockwave builders as opposed to three.

1. In reality it would bring overall rage damage down to a reasonable level.

2. Force Choke is incredibly easy to negate. I was rarely able to get 4 stacks by using it.

3. Rage stills get the big hit, it's rare but still very bursty.

4. Some players will still complain about smash, not understanding or not caring the attack is rarely used.

yeah, been using this build for a while, what's great is that the damage is exactly the same, if not higher, since nothing can interrupt your smashes. I use unstoppable in tank spec too and trade of guardian slash, since it's useless for pvp. For lolsmash, I usually open with enrage, leap to whatever group has the most people, smash, choke (get 4 stacks 99% of the time, not sure why you're rarely getting all 4, you should never get less than 3, since unstoppable gives you 4 secs of immunity, so just smash and hit choke at the same time on the target you leaped to), push, leap, then maybe obliterate, then smash again, then basically dance around for a few secs using whatever free ability until enrage is off cd, then enrage, leap again, then smash. I always try to leap before every smash for 2 reasons: 1. the unstoppable/stun immunity and 2. the vindicator set bonus for the 10% extra damage.

Force Crush may give you more frequent smashes, except if you're getting killed/stunned before you can use them/position yourself, no real point. With unstoppable, if nothing else, you're given a free leap and 4 seconds to position yourself/break a bubble before smashing.

It's surprising how many people don't use this, when I'm tank spec, I'll regularly have lolsmashers leap to me, and I just push them away, so they usually waste their smash, then I leap to them, they try to channel choke, I backhand them and usually finish them off pretty easily, as long as they don't have backup.

Gotta say, I will laugh my *** off if bioware just gives us 5 extra skill points and doesn't alter the skill trees at all. If they don't, expect full darkness sins with super maul and unstoppable full smash juggs.

It's surprising how many people don't use this, when I'm tank spec, I'll regularly have lolsmashers leap to me, and I just push them away, so they usually waste their smash, then I leap to them, they try to channel choke, I backhand them and usually finish them off pretty easily, as long as they don't have backup.

Man, people are figuring out my sthuff!

Color me red :rak_01:

yeah, been using this build for a while, what's great is that the damage is exactly the same, if not higher, since nothing can interrupt your smashes. I use unstoppable in tank spec too and trade of guardian slash, since it's useless for pvp. For lolsmash, I usually open with enrage, leap to whatever group has the most people, smash, choke (get 4 stacks 99% of the time, not sure why you're rarely getting all 4, you should never get less than 3, since unstoppable gives you 4 secs of immunity, so just smash and hit choke at the same time on the target you leaped to), push, leap, then maybe obliterate, then smash again, then basically dance around for a few secs using whatever free ability until enrage is off cd, then enrage, leap again, then smash. I always try to leap before every smash for 2 reasons: 1. the unstoppable/stun immunity and 2. the vindicator set bonus for the 10% extra damage.

Force Crush may give you more frequent smashes, except if you're getting killed/stunned before you can use them/position yourself, no real point. With unstoppable, if nothing else, you're given a free leap and 4 seconds to position yourself/break a bubble before smashing.

Gotta say, I will laugh my *** off if bioware just gives us 5 extra skill points and doesn't alter the skill trees at all. If they don't, expect full darkness sins with super maul and unstoppable full smash juggs.

My force choke still gets broken by people breaking the root. I'm also not able to dance around. Maybe you're talking about puggin

Edited by CharterMonkKent