The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I canceled my WoW sub (Playing WoW since 2007).

Frostsaeber

I recently cancelled mine too, so now I switch back and forth between swtor and eve online. It's good to switch around sometimes. Also, glad to hear you are loving the game. So am I (highest level toon is 25 trooper, and I have one of each rep and emp so far). I think I like republic better, but sometimes it's fun to be evil!

I played WoW hardcore for 4 years and the initial grind 1-60 was the most fun I had in any game up until that point. I quit after hitting 85 in Cataclysm because it was clear that Blizzard had sadly lost their mojo with that product. Maybe it's because I'm a huge adventure/rpg fan but when I picked up SWTOR I instantly knew it was much better than WoW- going from 1-50 was even more fun. SWTOR is imo more sophisticated and immersive. I'd even say that from 1-50 it's the best MMO ever made. It's also the first MMO where I actually have multiple max level alts.

I wish I could rewind and play this game as a newbie again to re-experience that new game feeling. Since you've just started I'd recommend playing all 8 classes to 50- there's a TON of interconnected story/content to uncover and for the most part it's all exceedingly well done and immersive. Welcome to TOR!

Edited by Projawa

4) There is so much custom ability, so many engaging activities (companions ftw), I actually LIKE WALKING to instances and actually having to WALK through my world (WoW should be renamed World of Stormwind).

At level 50 most people will just be on the fleeets, with exactly the same waiting for some queue to pop like it happens in WoW. So, no big difference there between the games.

Warcraft III solidified my love for that universe. I got the same "Hey I recognise that!" feeling when I saw an Orc Bunker or a Human Scout Tower as when I'd see a Trandoshan or step aboard the Smuggler's familiar feeling Corellian ship. But on that note, I think it's safe to say that Star Wars has the richer universe.

However, as the OP pointed out, the lack of connection to quests was one of the killing factors, along with that fact that very few people roleplayed. I quit about five years ago. I've been intrested by Wrath of the Lich King and the like, but you really can't change the core game even with the largest expasions.

Coming to SWTOR, I just fell in love with the narratives. The graphics were better. The gameplay was just as much fun, if not more. And because more people know Star Wars, there are more roleplayers.

Basically what I'm saying is, I personally enjoy SWTOR more and I think that the OP will have a great time with the game.

Hello guys,

I just started playing SWtor only a few days ago, and immediately, I realized this is the game I had been looking for.

HOW THE HELL IS ANYONE STILL PLAYING WOW?

I will be very very interested to see if this guy is back to playing WoW by March. Anybody wagering?

how can anyone still play WoW? well, for starters, different things appeal to different people. WoW has a different feel from SWTOR, for all the accusations of WoW clones and for some people its more appealing. in adition, some people have become part of the community, they have friends playing, they have guilds they've been a part of for a very long time, they have characters they have become attached to.

I'm currently playing both, though I'll be stopping with WoW, once I get done with my "bucket list". I'm enjoying it for different reasons from SWTOR.

SWTOR is a fabulous game, but its not a game for everyone. and I think its fabulous. because we all get to play what we enjoy best

I know someone who absolutely adores Rift. I personally find it mind numbingly boring. to each their own. glad to hear that SWTOR is a game that works for you :)

Woot! :D

Glad you are having fun OP, as am I. Been here since the BETA and I'm still enjoying myself. Continue to play and do the things that you find amusing.

People can however play several games at one time, currently playing Mass Effect 3 for the 4:th time. Wanted a little bit of single player-gaming during X-mas so my current lvl:ing character was parked on Belsavis. Now after the holidays I'm up and running again. Who knows, maybe you want to take a virtual vacation in that other game after a few months here, it is not a bad thing.

Enjoy SWTOR and have fun on the forum :)

Edited by SilentKitty

how can anyone still play WoW? well, for starters, different things appeal to different people. WoW has a different feel from SWTOR, for all the accusations of WoW clones and for some people its more appealing. in adition, some people have become part of the community, they have friends playing, they have guilds they've been a part of for a very long time, they have characters they have become attached to.

Good post OP and welcome!

I agree with this...in many mmos I've played there usually comes a dealbreaker that turns me off about the game overall (was Aht Urhgan with ffxi, NGE with swg and MoP with wow), but having friends or a character you are attached to still makes me go back from time to time even though I don't intend on staying.

But at the end of the day, this game is star wars and the only full blown SW mmo out there so that alone beats the rest out for me:)