Would sandbox game features help?

Anosa

I have a link I'd like to share. However the nature of it is very critical of the release of SWTOR. There are some key features mentioned as to why this game will never be successful or sandbox-full.

Speaking of which, who thought it would be a good *********** idea to INSTANCE MAIN PLANETS. The population (which is already thinning out before the free month is up) is now split across five *********** instances of a planet. Which means, I am looking for a group, I join them, then instead of being into the flashpoint (Code for Dungeon) with them, I have to run all the way back to the main *********** area, teleport to the different instance of the planet and walk all the way back. WHO PUT THIS IN THE *********** GAME? **** YOU. It is the most awful "feature" in a game that I have ever seen as it eats up so much time just *********** wandering and travelling to get somewhere. Also, there is no LFG-system which has been in WoW for who knows how many *********** years now, instead you have to have to just spam the main chat like a hobo looking for people.
- http://www.videogamessuck.com/review466.html

The writing is kind of on the wall. I really like SWTOR. But what we got is all we're going to get. It's a starwars theme park. The game engine is crippled. Graphics are already considered dated.

Edited by killmaimburn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on how they did it. If they added it as an optional feature and it didn't affect the end game theme park style I think it would help. That way there would be option to cater to both crowds.

But everything new will create yet another instance on top of an instance. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take 45 seconds minimum to load every screen. Loading times are still terrible and that's something to think about.

Depends on how they did it. If they added it as an optional feature and it didn't affect the end game theme park style I think it would help. That way there would be option to cater to both crowds.

Haha. And you (not specifically *you* personally, but other like-minded players) would mine that they're not being catered or that sandbox players are receiving "preferential treatment" (NOTE: Anyone who played a hybrid MMO knows that the sandbox elements are typically ignored over the theme park shinies).