PVE help

Voluptuous

I leveled as Watchman.

Just an aside, few if any of the "builds" really start to shine until you are at about level 40 (maybe mid-late 30's). But I think you will find Watchman a fun build to level with.

Edited by Talyndor

Watchman gives you more survivability during the earlier levels of the game. Once you have Overload Saber you should be set as Watchman. Combat is a little more difficult until you get Blade Rush (top ability on Combat tree). You are close to getting to Balmorra and once you have finished the planet you will get your healing companion. Once you have your healing companion you should be able to take whichever skill tree you would like and be fine.

I leveled up as Watchman and had a blast with it, but like I said once you get your healing companion you should be fine with either.

It's funny, but I leveled with a Combat build and actually started dying MORE when I got Doc as a companion. Maybe I started taking too many risks, but one thing is for sure: encounters started lasting a lot longer. With Kira, most non-boss, same or +1 level encounters are over sub-5 seconds. Bosses were pretty quick as well. Doc's healing can keep up with most of it, but he's useless for DPS and his healing draws aggro on himself often enough I have to be watchful of who the enemies are targeting, lest they kill my healbot. :p

If you're a subscriber, I believe you have infinite respecs. So, try out the builds and see what makes sense for you. For myself, Combat and Ataru stance have been fun. The build I have on my lvl 37 Sentinel is linked below. Keep in mind it's a purely PvE-oriented build.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501ZGhMRRrbdR.2