Tatooine lagging like hell?

Xpainz

hi everyone

i just reached lvl 24 on my agent and it was time to move on to tatooine.

once i get there everything runs smooth like it always has, when i was finished for the day and they next after i logged in again all of a sudden i started lagging like hell. so i figured why not update my gfx drivers. i did but didnt help?

So ive tried the other zones like the fleet. and even other worlds (planets) but they dont lag not even a single bit??

ive tried searching for the problem and it looks like im not the only one with this problem? but anyone figured a way to get past this? ive tried to turn of the shadows but it didnt work.

and ive been playing Swtor with my current setup the last 7 months and ive never seen anything like this.

i run a Radeon HD6870, 8GB Ram, so im pretty sure it aint the hardware failing?

anyone got a clue?

hi everyone

i just reached lvl 24 on my agent and it was time to move on to tatooine.

once i get there everything runs smooth like it always has, when i was finished for the day and they next after i logged in again all of a sudden i started lagging like hell. so i figured why not update my gfx drivers. i did but didnt help?

So ive tried the other zones like the fleet. and even other worlds (planets) but they dont lag not even a single bit??

ive tried searching for the problem and it looks like im not the only one with this problem? but anyone figured a way to get past this? ive tried to turn of the shadows but it didnt work.

and ive been playing Swtor with my current setup the last 7 months and ive never seen anything like this.

i run a Radeon HD6870, 8GB Ram, so im pretty sure it aint the hardware failing?

anyone got a clue?

try changing instance.....

click the map and you should see a dropdown showing which instance you are in.

I get that once in awhile - especially if there are a LOT of people on at that time and I've been on awhile. Sometimes re-log works. I've never had it happen right away just logging in, but anything is possible I guess. I just ran through there today a little bit ago and it did seem a little jumpy but not too bad, I wrote it off to switching through my characters doing the space missions and not re-logging before going to the planet. Edited by Akiviri

so now i figured, its not only on tatooine, but its every where i lag and with every character ?? wth has gone wrong?

i recently updated my gfx driver and it worked fine until i did that ? but after it seems like im lagging/stuttering all the time. no matter where i am.

so i might have found the problem, i run a Radeon 6870 i since the last patch i did upgrade my GFX driver too. so ive been around searching, but havent found the answer yet.

so i would like hear if any other Radeon players out there have found the optimal driver to run the game?