Just wanna thank the devs

darthdinosaur

Wanted to thank the devs before I unsub. I was hooked on this game ever since I saw the first trailer back in 2010, I was extremely excited all the way up until and for several weeks after launch. This post will be a bit negative and positive but im gonna have one final rant.

Most people on this forum are blaming you for sinking this game, and to be quite honest some of the blame does lie with the devs. Ilum was a key selling point to a massive part of the community and that has been out of action for a long time. Amazing class content was dummed down with repeated missions for each planet, I feel like I spend 80% of my questing time doing missions I have done before and then a few class missions here and there, it detracts from the amazing story's and its a shame.

End game progression just doesn't feel rewarding, there is nothing cool about it... the raids dont feel star wars worthy (infact the only one that ever did come close was the infernal council). Jedi Knights dont battle off massive fighting robots, it feels like WoW and it doesnt make sense for Star Wars. And to cap it off it is extremely immersion breaking. I watch Revenge of the Sith and I see Yoda fall off the senate thing, get back up and leave the fight with Palpy unscathed. Yet I play my jedi and he cant handle a 5 foot drop down from the Soa platforms, it doesnt feel like Star Wars. More like mortals with glowsticks.

Space combat is a rail-shooter. If it was a side minigame alongside a full on space combat that would be amazing. But it feels like not much effort was put into it... and what is Star Wars without space combat. Nothing more needs to be said here.

Time for a few positives, you nailed Datacrons for the most part. Finding them the first time was every bit worth it. Fun, inventive and rewarding. It felt like I was going on a galaxy wide hunt to become more powerful. And that for me was ******. The only downside here was not making them account-wide.

Huttball... inventive and very fun. Something different from other MMOs and aside from being stun-locked in the pits it wasn't bad.

Companions were awesome, enough said. Story would be in this list of positives aswell but I didnt get enough of it per character compared to the planet quests to justify its inclusion.

Anyways all that aside im unsubbing, I resubbed to get my cartel coins and hoped I would get hooked on this game again. It didnt happen and I havent logged in for 3 weeks. It feels like a cash-grab for all the cool stuff that should have been made available to everyone in the first place, rise of the hutt cartel proves that. Its numerous patches thrown together and called an expansion. I understand this might not be the devs fault, they have had their staff cut by EA and told to milk the game for every penny they can get.

But in all seriousness I want to thank the SWTOR dev team for getting me hooked on this game through stunning visual trailers, my first character was amazing the first time around because I hadn't done the content before. Running through the massive desert of Tattooine, the secret datacron on the fleet all the way to my favourite planet Voss, it was great fun and my $15 up until now was well worth it.

For what it was worth it was a great experience, if SWTOR changes for the better I will be back. I hope it gets the treatment a brand like this deserves.

Darth,

You've been very kind concerning the faults with this game. The game would be far better if they hired a full team to run it and design expacs for it. It certainly needs some help. I could list at least 10 things that are wrong with the game, but I'm sure 1.7 million other players did it for me. And ya know what...? NOBODY at BW-EA cares.

The team doesn't care...THAT is a game killer right there, not to mention all the other junk wrong with the game.

I came back for 2 reasons:

1. I really missed Star Wars environment and story.

2. The full voiced MMO is still a game changer for me. I tried GW2 but came back to TOR.

BUT sadly, as we all know, once EA gets involved in a game...the game takes a nose dive in ratings and subs. It's too bad, this could have been a good game if it wasn't for EA calling the shots.

I think the content patch will be my last hope. If it really does suck, then I'll unsubscribe. Well let's face it, they don't really care about us, just the almighty dollar. If they really cared they would give more incentive to be an active subscriber. This game would be a gold mine with the proper leadership and proper team. EA isn't a team, it is a corporation that is no better than the politicians on capital hill.

This game will continue to do the cycle of "have broken stuff that makes people leave", don't fix the issues, but instead create a whole other set of new shiny things to get more people in, till they discover/rediscover all of the broken stuff and leave, rinse and repeat.

Solution: prioritize issues that come up on the forum and in game over and over again, stop dying old armor and charging $12 for it, start adding side stuff that people can do "games, make use of customizing your starship", make the planets usable, PVP, GTN and Flashpoint terminals on all planets.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.