The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

level 45 vanguard advice

Canmore

so im a level 45 vanguard halfway through voss and with a last push i should be 50 soon . has anyone got some must have advice for when i hit 50 ? . i have taken the liberty of farmimg some absorbtion enhancements from ilum on my commando but apart from that im kinda lost where my priorities should be . and yea my vanguard will become my new main .

Use the 99 free tionesse coms you get at 50 to get a free set of gear. Profit.

Bank all your comms max out with all craft augment kits take the money instead of gear to get augments. U will get wh very quick.. its going to be brutal tho

It doesn't sound like he is doing pvp.

Edited by Aaoogaa

Get some PvP going so that you can buy the elite war hero defense rating relic....at least one of them.

If you are able to, stacking more non ranked warzone coms (for War Hero)would be helpful for PvE also. You are able to reverse engineer the armoring and mod (as a cybertech) and reverse engineer the enhancement (as an artificer) and get 1-2 molecular stabilizers each time you do so. You would then trade these (along with other mats) to a crafter to make you some dread guard level gear.

I agree with getting the Tionese also....unless you have daily com armorings, mods and enhancements in your gear when you hit 50.

Do hard mode flashpoints to get up to columi and rakata while saving BH coms for either campaign armorings or black hole gear. Keep an eye towards what parts you are having crafted for you so that you don't buy a redundan piece of gear though.

If your question was more of a "what stats should I strive for"? There's a couple tanking stat threads in the trooper, vanguard, and class roles forums.

Good luck, and have fun!