New Characters

Glorthox

I hope it will never happen. Yoda type are extremely rare, we don't know anything about them. I could not stand to see a lot of them jumping around on the fleet >< And what about rakata ? They're supposed all dead, some have survived, seeing them everywhere would be horrible for the lore...

"Yoda" class will never happen. Lucas is far to protective of the character, it's history and it's lore.

Agreed with this it is well known lucas wouldnt allow it, one guy tried it name it in one of the books but lucas denied it and if it was to happen i can be pretty certain the majority of players will be the yoda species or rakata it would be even worse then the (something im guilty of) pureblood dominatin of sith characters :p

"Yoda" class will never happen. Lucas is far to protective of the character, it's history and it's lore.

How Lucas feels about Yoda and his race is now irrelevant so it's very much a possibility.

It's doubtful though, since it would require a lot of work on existing assets to get them to work with such a small character.

How Lucas feels about Yoda and his race is now irrelevant so it's very much a possibility.

Now is this because Lucas has given up or because he sold LucasFilm to Disney?

If its the latter then they have no say.. Lucas ONLY sold LucasFilm.. not any of the other subsidiaries like LucasArts etc.. so all Disney have a say on regarding SW is JUST the films.. not the games or anything else (unless the games are based on future movie projects)

An yeah im happy with having Yoda as an unknown race, gives people the imagination in their own little pen and paper groups to make their own lore and make somthing up if they come across that species etc, but yeah keep it our of game.. plus the body type with height etc would be difficult to code in....HOWEVER if they CAN code in the hight etc.. then they would most likely add Ewoks (I know wernt around in this era) and Jawa's

It's doubtful though, since it would require a lot of work on existing assets to get them to work with such a small character.

You think Lucas has simply sold-up and moved along? Why do you think that the tagline "Yodafone" hasn't yet appeared in the UK adverts for Vodafone?

Lucas still very much has control here.

If its the latter then they have no say.. Lucas ONLY sold LucasFilm.. not any of the other subsidiaries like LucasArts etc.. so all Disney have a say on regarding SW is JUST the films.. not the games or anything else (unless the games are based on future movie projects)

An yeah im happy with having Yoda as an unknown race, gives people the imagination in their own little pen and paper groups to make their own lore and make somthing up if they come across that species etc, but yeah keep it our of game.. plus the body type with height etc would be difficult to code in....HOWEVER if they CAN code in the hight etc.. then they would most likely add Ewoks (I know wernt around in this era) and Jawa's

Actually, Industrial Light & Magic, Skywalker Sound and LucasArts were all included in the deal.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2012/10/30/disney-star-wars-lucasfilm/1669739/

You think Lucas has simply sold-up and moved along? Why do you think that the tagline "Yodafone" hasn't yet appeared in the UK adverts for Vodafone?

Lucas still very much has control here.

Yes, because that's exactly what he has done. He has sold all his shares in Lucasfilm and all subsidiary companies. He has a minor role as a consultant on Episode VII and apparently wrote an initial outline for its story. But thats it. Disney can do whatever they want with the characters and setting.

Lucas has no control of anything. He's retired. He doesn't own Star Wars anymore, he doesn't have any say in Star Wars anymore beyond the courtesy Disney has currently shown him.

Your information is incorrect.

Lucas has no control of anything. He's retired. He doesn't own Star Wars anymore, he doesn't have any say in Star Wars anymore beyond the courtesy Disney has currently shown him.

Going a bit off topic here but, that's the life!

I mean all he had to do was direct/write 4/6 very successful SW movies and produce/co-write a few others - although let's be honest, Indiana Jones aside, no one ever bothers with the rest of them when Lucas' name is mentioned - and he now gets to retire after creating a world which has spanned from movies, to games, to books and toys etc most of which he a) didn't have to make himself and b) had total control over, making him uber-rich...

I envy him :(

Edited by TheNahash

Which information is incorrect?

Lucas only having sold Lucasfilm to Disney, he sold the lot, Lucasarts and all. Disney only having a say in future films, they control the whole kit and kaboodle including all current and future licensing.

Basically the only thing he got right was who Lucas had sold stuff to.

Going a bit off topic here but, that's the life!

I mean all he had to do was direct/write 4/6 very successful SW movies and produce/co-write a few others - although let's be honest, Indiana Jones aside, no one ever bothers with the rest of them when Lucas' name is mentioned - and he now gets to retire after creating a world which has spanned from movies, to games, to books and toys etc most of which he a) didn't have to make himself and b) had total control over, making him uber-rich...

I envy him :(

I know. 2.6 Billion in cash, 2 Billion in Disney shares. I wonder if he's willing to adopt?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.