Rant: What is so hard to understand about the new Warzone?

cashogy

again, not sure if srs.

if you leave mid 100% alone and circle jerk at your own pylon, the other team will be able to get a buttload of orbs. and you will lose.

I think he's trying to argue that the better strategy is to go all-out offensive with 6 people charging the other pylon rather than get the orbs.

I dunno that I'd agree with that. Really depends on who you're fighting.

really. what is so complicated about this that makes it so that bads make it so freaking difficult to win? ancient hypergates has the MOST STRAIGHTFORWARD OBJECTIVE of any of the warzones.

- capture both pylons

- 2 guards at each, rest float.

- kill people

Fixed.

I think he's trying to argue that the better strategy is to go all-out offensive with 6 people charging the other pylon rather than get the orbs.

I dunno that I'd agree with that. Really depends on who you're fighting.

Not really it doesn't.

Even if you are fighting a team full of recruits, you have isolated 2 of your players on the far side of the map with no support from the other players. Those that are respawning have to go some where and 6-8 vs 2 when they come out and zerg your node is not a very good idea.

Not really it doesn't.

Even if you are fighting a team full of recruits, you have isolated 2 of your players on the far side of the map with no support from the other players. Those that are respawning have to go some where and 6-8 vs 2 when they come out and zerg your node is not a very good idea.

1. this is why you leave competent people to guard. ya know, ones that call incomings when they first see people?

2. what is stopping you from moving from mid to your pylon if the enemy focuses their efforts there?

3. players a) do not die instantly all at once and b) do not instantly respawn. your pylon guards can see them massing at the spawn gate before they jump down. see point #1.

1. this is why you leave competent people to guard. ya know, ones that call incomings when they first see people?

2. what is stopping you from moving from mid to your pylon if the enemy focuses their efforts there?

3. players a) do not die instantly all at once and b) do not instantly respawn. your pylon guards can see them massing at the spawn gate before they jump down. see point #1.

He was talking about having the other 6 members of your team attack the other pylon, not the middle.

I personally agree with you that holding one pylon and the middle is the smartest way to go because ti allows you to better support those individuals guarding your pylon if it gets attacked.

to be fair, people don't understand the older pvp maps either, was in several matches today in NC, both 50 and under 50 where somebody capped east and west, but it was only me and like one other person going to back them up, the rest of the 5 or so people kept going south. derp? What's funny is that it was of course lost, then ninja'd a second time, and people still kept going south.

So yeah, if people can't understand the concept of defend your flag (really, they don't even need to understand the concept of capture, just go to whichever node has your team's color), no way they can understand anything as "complex" as AH.

lol, on that note though, earlier in a match somebody did ask, "we're supposed to take the orbs to their pylon, right?"

good times

This warzone is my new least favorite in unranked, but I very much enjoy it in ranked. In ranked the op has the stratagy down. It becomes a deathmatch in mid. I really enjoy it. In unranked it is a custer **** where one player can easily lose the game for you. The responses to this post show this. One person keeps going to the off node defended by two players? That is a consant kill for the opposing team and puts us at a man disadvantage for the deathmatch. Also, do you know how hard it is to get two people to defend a pylon? Near impossible. Which is fine.. I will go help the person now solo guarding... and then h runs off. -.- Ugh. I swear pugs will be the death of me. This game for a "deathmatch" requires the most teamwork to not get stomped... other than huttball that is.(but 4 people can win huttball easier in unranked than they can advanced hypergates)

You would think players would learn how to play WarZones while leveling from 10-49. But of course not. I see a lot of players that reach level 50 with out having any valor, which tells me they are clueless. Hence why i avoid those players. When you have some one guarding a node/pylon etc you tell them call Incoming. yet they wait till they are dead to say something.

I have gotten use to crap like this. I just keep smiling and move on to the next game.

It must be hard if you come in here telling us to play team death match.

The very best thing to do is to have a group of 1-3 competent players go take their node.

The orbs are actually very important though, They are always worth more then a kill and you get the points no matter if you lose the node or not. If you just play team death match and lose the node you don't get anything.