Healing relics

Svevin

Quick question: In Combat Technique, I have a chance to heal myself on attack. Some end game relics have a chance to heal extra when an ally is healed. I think you can guess where this question is going: Can my Combat Technique heal proc the relic? And, if so, is it worth getting a heal proc relic, stat-wise?

Quick question: In Combat Technique, I have a chance to heal myself on attack. Some end game relics have a chance to heal extra when an ally is healed. I think you can guess where this question is going: Can my Combat Technique heal proc the relic? And, if so, is it worth getting a heal proc relic, stat-wise?

My understanding from the reading I've done is that any self heal can proc it, so not just combat technique, but also the heal from tele throw when you have 3 stacks of harnessed shadows. And that because of the additional surviviability those heals give the DG one is definately top 5 best Shadow tank relics, and in the discussion of being one of the BiS relics currently available.

Excellent, thanks for the information! May have to slot one on my Annihilation spec Marauder, too.

The healing relic does work, and is in fact BiS for a shadow tank. I would absolutely *not* recommend using one on an annihilation marauder though. Your job is to do DPS. The healing is just gravy on top. This is particularly true given how well the BiS relics interact with the annihilation spec; you would be giving up a very sizable chunk of your DPS to use a healing relic over a damage one.

I know a scrapper who uses the healing proc relic in PvP in conjunction with surprise comeback and likes the added survivability he gets in PvP. You may try it on your Mara in PvP, but I wouldn't see it being of much use PvE.

The healing relic does work, and is in fact BiS for a shadow tank. I would absolutely *not* recommend using one on an annihilation marauder though. Your job is to do DPS. The healing is just gravy on top. This is particularly true given how well the BiS relics interact with the annihilation spec; you would be giving up a very sizable chunk of your DPS to use a healing relic over a damage one.

But...I thought I was supposed to get Healing Medals in PvP...:rod_wink_g:

Edited by Svevin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.