Same Sex Romance?

alabuck

No the person mentioned why not have love with the wookie (smuggler story) or droid as in put in all love. YOU were the one that equated that to being only gays would like to have wookie or droid love.

The context of why they mentioned it is what I'm getting at. It happens in all sgr threads. It tries to put sgr in the same camp as ********ity, or people that have a thing for inanimate objects. It's wrong to do so.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The context of why they mentioned it is what I'm getting at. It happens in all sgr threads. It tries to put sgr in the same camp as ********ity, or people that have a thing for inanimate objects. It's wrong to do so.

If you want to champion for a romance, champion for all romances. If not then you look like a hypocrite.

No it's not, there are a very real group of people who do enjoy such things and if one minority is demanding something why not include the others while they are at it?

No it's not, there are a very real group of people who do enjoy such things and if one minority is demanding something why not include the others while they are at it?

Show me a thread that was started by someone asking for these things. Show me where bioware have included it in other games. Show me where they said they would include it.

Edited by utio

Show me a thread that was started by someone asking for these things.

I know of one that got deleted. I won't say more than that because could get in trouble.

And it had to do with the droid because the IMP ship droid says he's worried about being deactivated. So wanted him to feel loved.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

I think what is being said is that no one minority group is more important than any other. Do you think they should cater to the demands of some simply because they are gay? Does that make them special?

Exactly. If one group wants it, then they shouldn't be trying to push down another group also wanting the same thing for themselves. And the sad part of it, I have witnessed first hand that the only group I've seen do this is homosexual men. Even personal experience with lesbians do not do this. Bi's I haven't seen do this either to the degree. And here we have it again. The "give me my equal rights but screw everyone else" mentality again.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

I think what is being said is that no one minority group is more important than any other. Do you think they should cater to the demands of some simply because they are gay? Does that make them special?

I can only speak for myself, but I don't want to be treated any differently than anyone else. I'm not special, I just want the same options.

As for the wookiees love, droid love, I will say this again. It's not linked to being gay. As far as I know, there are gay people, bi people, and straight people. To cater to straight and gay alike encompasses everyone. Anything else is a subject for another thread.

Players can make up excuses for BioWare all day, but I'm going to ask for an answer. Nothing I have read or heard thus far has justified why BW won't give any sort of answer at all. That is wrong

I really don't care why they haven't answered at this point. I don't even care if the answer is positive or negative. I don't care why players think they may or may not include it.

I only care about BioWare addressing the playerbase directly.

Unless anyone works for BioWare, then we still don't have any sort of answer.

Well... they can't really say anything because it's a loose-loose situation for them.

1. Bioware says that there will be NO SGRs in the game -> it's a PR disaster ("Bioware hates gay people!")

2. Bioware says that they will add SGRs -> massive whine on forums (because the majority of community simply do not care and think it's a waste of time) and some possible backlash from right-wing media ("Bioware makes our children gay!")

I can only speak for myself, but I don't want to be treated any differently than anyone else. I'm not special, I just want the same options.

As for the wookiees love, droid love, I will say this again. It's not linked to being gay. As far as I know, there are gay people, bi people, and straight people. To cater to straight and gay alike encompasses everyone. Anything else is a subject for another thread.

Again, it's linked to one minority demanding something and not caring about another. I suppose wookie or droid love would be considered a minority, just like being gay. Neither of which are special. You can't demand one and say F*** the others. That is very hypocritical and simply rallies the so called homophobes against your selfishness.

what BW said( at guild summit i think ) was, ssr will not be retro added to current content. ssr will only come when new personal story lines are added to the game along with either new companions or extending current companions affection level along with their new dialog/quests.

Again, it's linked to one minority demanding something and not caring about another. I suppose wookie or droid love would be considered a minority, just like being gay. Neither of which are special. You can't demand one and say F*** the others. That is very hypocritical and simply rallies the so called homophobes against your selfishness.

If someone wants to start a thread about droid romance, then let them. What I'm saying is that this thread is about sgr, and people should not post about other kinds of romance in it, linking them. Like I said, there's nothing stopping them from posting their own thread. Is that so hard to understand?

If someone wants to start a thread about droid romance, then let them. What I'm saying is that this thread is about sgr, and people should not post about other kinds of romance in it, linking them. Like I said, there's nothing stopping them from posting their own thread. Is that so hard to understand?

Infractions say otherwise.

Then you are clearly missing the point. You think that being a minority gives you the right to demand something as if you are in fact special.

Wanting one minority romance has everything to do with wanting another minority romance.

Thank goodness that this subject is low on the list or priorities.

Lets not forget this is Star Wars, a franchise quite on the conservative side (not talking about the party).

Look at Guild Wars 2 though, the hipster amongst the MMOs. Same gender relationships are something treated casually (as it should be) there.

Then you are clearly missing the point. You think that being a minority gives you the right to demand something as if you are in fact special.

Firstly, I'm not demanding anything. I do not think I'm special. I think I'm normal, and I'd like to be treated the same. It's you who is missing the point, and sadly, I don't think you will ever see it.

Firstly, I'm not demanding anything. I do not think I'm special. I think I'm normal, and I'd like to be treated the same. It's you who is missing the point, and sadly, I don't think you will ever see it.

And what is that? That only one minority should get what they want and not another?

I'm glad MLK didn't have the only for me mentality too. If I had a choice of who to be like MLK or the minority that opposed him, I'm choosing the former.