Abandoning a toon?

A_nonymous

Has anyone else ever had to abandon a toon before? I've got a level 46 that I am thinking of just scrapping because I fear I have so severely jacked him up he's not worth salvaging. He was my first toon I tried creating so I did everything wrong I fear. He's a trooper and I went commando instead of vanguard. Then I went with armormech instead of something more versastile like cybertech. On top of this I skipped a couple of planets and have not been able to catch up. Now I'm on Belsavis trying to deal w/the voss and I'm finding I can't do anything really. I struggle with all the missions I've got because I'm underleveled and my toon is squishy. I'm thinking of just parking him in a cantina somewhere and abandoning him altogether. Start afresh with a new toon and actually try to learn from my mistakes. Thoughts?

Commandos are pretty mess up at moment at least for pvp. I stop playing my lvl 50 commando when they nerf the the damage output of the range sunder, forgot what's it called, and the healing output. Now no one plays a commando in pvp. If you really want to finish leveling that toon you can probably buy cheap blues on gtm. They are cheap since none wants them any more unlike when the game first launched. I have a merc lvl 20 that was the first character I played and is in the same boat. I played her yesterday, but the fact that mercs are garbage at 50 in pvp no matter the spec makes me not want to level her. It's a shame, but I highly doubt it commandos/mercs will be fixed any time soon, much like how paladins dps took years to become viable in wow.

Edited by Knockerz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first player was an assassin (this is my firs mmo), and i dropped him soon after 1.2 to play a juggernaut, whom i had leveled to 50. Later on, i proceeded to pick up my assassin again, and finish the last 10 levels. Makes you wonder what you were smoking while leveling that character:D