The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which Proc relic should i use?

ISDcaptain

Other way around isn't it?

Internal uses Force Crit and Elemental uses Tech Crit? Would make more sense anyway.

No it isn't.

We did some massive parses on the trooper forum to prove that crit rate with elemental was utter garbage.

However using the internal relic would correctly use our tech crit rate.

Kinetic and Internal are for Tech users

Energy and Elemental are for Force users

And yes it's ridiculous that they did not mention this on the relics.

Edited by Gyronamics

you dont want to use these relics, you'll get more dps from an Elite War hero or even just War hero power relic

That is no longer the case. There is so much power on the dread guard relics that they have finally overtaken the PvP relics for PvE. They have been tested by users and results have been posted in a handful of different locations on the forums. I don't have the links on this computer so I can't relink them easily.

That is no longer the case. There is so much power on the dread guard relics that they have finally overtaken the PvP relics for PvE. They have been tested by users and results have been posted in a handful of different locations on the forums. I don't have the links on this computer so I can't relink them easily.

I just find it hard to believe. In a 5 min fight that proc relic has a potential to do 14k dmg assuming it procs every 4.5 seconds for its 210 dmg. A static 120 power isn't going to give you 14k dmg in 5 mins? Esp if there is more than 1 target, aoe's dont work with that proc relic.

Edit: hadn't noticed the 47 power on the new relics, prob pushes it much closer, i'd still go with the EWH one though, im stubborn.

Edited by wetslampigduex

I just find it hard to believe. In a 5 min fight that proc relic has a potential to do 14k dmg assuming it procs every 4.5 seconds for its 210 dmg. A static 120 power isn't going to give you 14k dmg in 5 mins? Esp if there is more than 1 target, aoe's dont work with that proc relic.

Edit: hadn't noticed the 47 power on the new relics, prob pushes it much closer, i'd still go with the EWH one though, im stubborn.

It doesn't proc every 4.5 seconds, its more like 5.5-6.5 seconds, depending on #of attacks per second that your class/spec does. Also it can crit (as stated before, internal uses your tech crit which will be around 35%. So Yea, that 14k works out to be about right, and is roughly 45 dps.

With the 47 power on DG relics, ewh is now only like ~70 power increase, which is like 17 bonus damage compared to the over 1k tech bonus you should be rocking.

Yes, the ewh may be a bit better on aoe, but that's really not a factor on pretty well any fight right now, with the exception of trenchcutters, which is still only 1 phase out of like 10 on that fight

Every dps class/spec should be using a DG proc and DG power-on-use relic combo.

Here is a post which cross references other post and has parses with people's finding. I didn't reread everything to check to see if this is where it was stated that the additional power from the EWH relic still didn't push it back past the Dread Gruad relics or if I found that in a different post.

Either way you aren't talking about game breaking differences. As long as you aren't using the matrix cube for end game, you're doing it fine.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=556288

Here is a post which cross references other post and has parses with people's finding. I didn't reread everything to check to see if this is where it was stated that the additional power from the EWH relic still didn't push it back past the Dread Gruad relics or if I found that in a different post.

Either way you aren't talking about game breaking differences. As long as you aren't using the matrix cube for end game, you're doing it fine.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=556288

thanks, i read the entire thing. I'm still going with the static power.. lotta rng involved in the proc for a very small if any dps increase(depending on the rng)

thanks, i read the entire thing. I'm still going with the static power.. lotta rng involved in the proc for a very small if any dps increase(depending on the rng)

Your other attacks don't make a roll for damage?

With proc relics you make your own luck. The more hits you do per second the closer you will get to the 4.5s proc limit.

For example Rapid Shots with CGS on results in ~4.8s between procs and results in over 1kdps on ops dummy with a default attack.

Edited by Gyronamics

Your other attacks don't make a roll for damage?

With proc relics you make your own luck. The more hits you do per second the closer you will get to the 4.5s proc limit.

For example hammer shot with plasma cell on results in ~4.8s between procs.

Well when someone beats my dps ill consider the change to the proc relic, cause i sure as hell am not gonna add more rapid shots to my rotation or unload for that matter to get this relic to proc