Credit Selling Companies?

Valmam

Hey.

I've sent in a Support Ticket regarding this when all this started.

Players with stupid names such as "absbcadd" started to announce that they were selling 1.000.000.000 Credits for 25 USD or something from a site called goldah. Then it went on with people sending me messages, titled "Hi my friend" with an attachment of 1 Credit, containing the message they've announce before. Now I frequently see those people announcing, have them sending me messages and whispers.

And now my wondering starts.

Is this company goldah official working for Bioware in the sense of SWTOR? Because I don't know how that would work. I believe to add credits to a player account they need to access the account databank of SWTOR or something?

Edited by Valmam

• 2 weeks later...

The following text is lifted directly from the Help Center:-

Real Money Trade

The act of using real money to purchase in-game commodities such as currency, items, characters and accounts is strictly prohibited by our Terms of Service. Engaging in these transactions has a very serious negative impact on the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ game economy and the accounts involved. This type of behavior promotes and supports other damaging activities such as ‘botting’ (please see our Hacking and Exploits policy) and ‘keylogging’ (for more information on keyloggers, please click here) which negatively affect the gameplay experience for all other players.

Buying Credits or Services

The purchase of in game currency or services with real-life money is harmful to the in game economy and Star Wars: The Old Republic itself. For these reasons, and many others, purchasing any in game currency or in game service with real life currency (money) is strictly prohibited. When an account is linked to the purchase of such goods or services, it can result in temporary or permanent suspension of that account.