Synthweaving Jedi & Sith armors

Fadeseeker

Hello I was thinking of having one of my characters to do the "Synthweaving" crew skill, but I heard a rumour that you can only craft Jedi armor if you go Republic and Sith armor if you go Empire.

If this is true does that mean I have to create a Republic and Empire characters with Synthweaving if want to access all the armors for that craft skill or is the rumour a lie?

:confused:

Hello I was thinking of having one of my characters to do the "Synthweaving" crew skill, but I heard a rumour that you can only craft Jedi armor if you go Republic and Sith armor if you go Empire.

If this is true does that mean I have to create a Republic and Empire characters with Synthweaving if want to access all the armors for that craft skill or is the rumour a lie?

:confused:

Not true. I have a synthweaver and she can craft both and she is at max. The only limiations is that the ones that are marked for the Empire your jedi can't wear and the same with the other. But in crafting no you can craft both.

Not true. I have a synthweaver and she can craft both and she is at max. The only limiations is that the ones that are marked for the Empire your jedi can't wear and the same with the other. But in crafting no you can craft both.

Thanks for answering.

So that means I can create a Jedi to craft both Jedi & Sith armors for other players as well as supply my own server characters with force-sensitive armors.

:D

Thank for the help

Yes you can, but note, I find it one of the most restrictive crafting skills I have.

I have all crafting skills at 400. Of them, Synth has been the least useful. This is why :

- A lot of the better items are class restricted (Only Jedi Knight, Only Sith Sorc, etc).

- The drops from flashpoints and heroics are as good or better, so really there is barely any market at all for the items you craft (if you craft to sell).

The items I have crafted most with synth are orange belts and wrist items which are really hard to find on game and ths always move (and for my own toons). Just my own personal experience with it.

Somewhat agree with above poster. I used my synth skill a lot during leveling to gear my companion mostly (Kira) and to get lesser items like bracers and belts. Although, with the ability to get your armor set bonus through purchasing campaign armorings, I hope there is a better market for crafted armors for the visual aspect but somewhat doubtful as the schems you can learn are rather lackluster. :(

BUT, you can also craft augments and augment kits with synth and that is by far the most use my synth skill gets. You can craft strength, willpower, defense, alacrity, and presence augs.

My JK Guardian isn't wearing endgame gear but instead something I liked the looks of with a campaign armoring of.

One important note: Much of the gear will look different on an empire character than a republic character. Pretty much any "visor" or "crown" style helmet that a synthweaver can make for republic characters shows up as something that is a sith looking helmet if you put it on an empire character. The name of the armor is the same, it just has totally different artwork for the 2 factions. The same applies to the jedi robes. They won't be robes on empire characters. They'll be more like sith force wielder armor even though the names are the same.

I learned Synthweaving on my Jedi Guardian when I first started playing. At first, it was fun being able to craft gloves, bracers and belts that were way better than what I was being offered as mission rewards. Then I ran into the well known dilemma of Jedi gear being absurdly poorly designed.

Colors, shoulders, hoods, the problems people have with Jedi gear is well documented at this point, and having grown up in Paragon City I refused to have my character wear ugly gear no matter what stats it offered. Eventually I realized that all the gear I could learn to make as a Synthweaver was far too ugly to wear. Aside from making belts and bracers for my Guardian and for Kira, I basically gave up on it till I hit level 50, and then it was only to learn to make Augment Slot kits.

Honestly i'd say learn a more useful Crew Skill, like Cybertech since you can craft ear pieces and implants.

Implants are Biotech, but yes I agree with you.

All that Jedi garb looks the same! Is all brown. And brown. I had to work hard to find pants since I didn't want my Jedi on robes, and then just had to give up.

On the look issue, that is a problem for me because my synthweaver is a male Jedi, and if I craft something for my sith toon then I have no idea what is going to look like, even to the point that what look like pants on one side turned into a long robe on the other. Weird. I can see color changing, but pants should be pants.

They could add tot he preview to see either side of the item, for cases like me (I roll Rep and Imp toons).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.