SWTOR is evolving !

BadOrb

This thread is basically for posting changes you have noticed within SWTOR , for the better or the worse. It isn't for complaints , unless you think the change you noticed is a bad one you dislike of course. Anyways short and sweet introduction. Here's a couple of things iv'e noticed that have changed and as far as I'm aware where unannounced.

First one was granted a few months ago but here goes. I suddenly noticed that some of my characters found orange modable weapons or shields in their storage and some of my friends did too. So long story short as it's old and my second one is very interesting. So I finally worked out that some of the weapons rewards that used to be blue items had changed into orange modable ones even if you had completed said mission before the unannounced change. I basically then worked out that the items in the commendation exchanges where different also. So I studied that ( ask for an explanation if you like , want to keep my first post fairly short , er yeah).

Phew sorry , second one and it was realised this evening , is that by the looks of it , the orange weapons and offhands you get as rewards for doing missions , the bind on Pickup ones. Now have no required level , yup you heard it big news changes everything. So yeah you can equip for example a orange pistol that has rank 28 mods in it , I was 24 and equiped a pistol just a few mins ago. it has to have been changed within the last 3 weeks at the most as i do certain missions daily. O I also noticed then don't say "requires level w/e" anymore on them either. So if you can pickup a heroic 2 for instance then you can obtain and equip whatever the reward is.

So there's my two unannounced changes of interest , any one else wan't to add or comment on these changes ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

Cartel Market has been interesting, however it has given us numerous slaps in the face.

• Life day costs money
  • near Pay2Win Space heroics
  • Still no new playable species
  • RNG Lottery tickets don't take into account ANYTHING about your character. (I don't need a bound C2-N2 skin for my imp characters thanks)
  • Can't use CC to get DLC "expansion" (even for subs!)

So there is one change lol

There was an undocumented change in 1.3, that you can now open the loot boxes in the world while being in combat. Great change, as it was so annoying to have some scum loot the chest while you were fighting the champ/elites.

You'd be surprised how many people still don't know about this change.

SWTOR is evolving !

*EA holds "B"*

Huh? SWTOR stopped evolving !

sorry, I couldn't resist

I do agree with the OP, though. On the spirit of the thread I mean. The controversial server consolidations were pluses in the end on my servers (Mask of Nihilus>Drooga's Pleasure Barge>Harbinger), it was nice to have a gradual increase of the presence of Republic players as merges went on... and I do like the new WZs. I miss the Rakghoul event though, because everyone was involved, even if you had no idea why people were exploding all over the place...

So yeah- SWTOR is evolving.

Edited by AboB

Cartel Market has been interesting, however it has given us numerous slaps in the face.

• Life day costs money
  • RNG Lottery tickets don't take into account ANYTHING about your character. (I don't need a bound C2-N2 skin for my imp characters thanks)

I'd rather see Life Day become an interactive event once Kashyyyk becomes explorable, if it ever will be.

I'm not sure why they're still sitting on Cathar if it's already complete unless it's to hold it for ROTHC which I guess is acceptable since in the past with other MMOs new playable species have always become available through an expansion. I'd rather not see any expansion or DLC available to purchase with Cartel Coins as it helps seperate it from being viewed as vanity.

Edited by Vitas

There was an undocumented change in 1.3, that you can now open the loot boxes in the world while being in combat. Great change, as it was so annoying to have some scum loot the chest while you were fighting the champ/elites.

Yeah that was a great change , thank you for posting that one.

Now everyone just gets a free purple set :/

This one might be an indication of the future , with the cap going up in spring , then we might need to have at least tionese gear equipped. On the other hand it might just be because PVP have had free recruit gear at 50 for ages and now us PVE people have our reward at 50. Another reason might be to actually help fresh 50's not get booted out of HM FP's and / or OP's , was a bit odd that they were running around with recruit blue PVP gear in PVE HM missions.

huh you're able to equipe 4 lvl above you own items......sounds like a bug to me. Hell i cant equip anything 1 lvl above my own. Modable or not.

I don't think it is a bug as my friend got an orange focus as a reward for the same mission which had level 28 mods in it and he was / is only level 23. It might only be for heroic missions but not sure why they would change those missions and not others that give out BOP orange gear. I have a character that will get there , to the same mission eventually , I'm not sure I can face taris at this moment in time again. I just realised it happend in the sarlac pit heroic 2 aswell , the chest piece had level 26 mods in it and my friend was 23 and could wear it.

Thank you all for sharing and posting , sorry i couldn't reply to all your posts but it's all appreciated.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

Well as it turns out all mission rewards have no required level on them anymore. So yeah a massive change there , obviously some rewards are for companions only but the others aren't , o there is an exception though and those are the random boxes that are given as mission rewards.

I tried that tatooine mission on a level 17 alt but the quest giver wasn't active yet. The sarlaac pit heroic2. So up to now you are able to do it 5 levels below it and can't do it 9 levels below it. So it basically means that if you can see quest givers on a planet then you can probably do a heroic 2 or 4.

All this relates to going to tatooine before nar shadda for a bit to level up on 2 heroic 2's. Nice orange rewards , without killing a single creature is always nice ( republic side).

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

One HUGE change I've noticed is how they've managed the economy (money in, money out). I had myself in a rage over the cost to strip mods out of stuff and how little credits you got from PvP and flashpoints, the things I enjoy doing. They've made changes to both in recent patches and the cost/credit loss is much less painful. I can actually strip mods for my companions and not think I'm sending myself to the poor house! It is very easy to get credits with dailies if you want them, and now the things that I spend money on most frequently are just that much more affordable.

Also, I love the push towards making everything moddable. I love that the offhand shields/generators are all moddable now making them equal to dual-wielding classes. It just brings balance to the game. I think they need to take the last step and give us cosmetic-only armor. I'd love to be able to switch appearance without losing my augment slots or set bonuses. I'd be a very happy boy!

• Life day costs money

If anyone use Cartel Coin to expemtion Bioware Ware wont make any profit so no new content.

One HUGE change I've noticed is how they've managed the economy (money in, money out). I had myself in a rage over the cost to strip mods out of stuff and how little credits you got from PvP and flashpoints, the things I enjoy doing. They've made changes to both in recent patches and the cost/credit loss is much less painful. I can actually strip mods for my companions and not think I'm sending myself to the poor house! It is very easy to get credits with dailies if you want them, and now the things that I spend money on most frequently are just that much more affordable.

Also, I love the push towards making everything moddable. I love that the offhand shields/generators are all moddable now making them equal to dual-wielding classes. It just brings balance to the game. I think they need to take the last step and give us cosmetic-only armor. I'd love to be able to switch appearance without losing my augment slots or set bonuses. I'd be a very happy boy!

As to your first point that has indeed helped me a lot too , it was far too expensive before that change. I was waiting for the price of removing them to go down and now I don't even think twice about removing mods for companions or alts. The only thing that can be bad is if you send a higher level mod by mistake to a lower level alt and remove the mod you can't put the mod back in to the shell to send back.

Your second point touches upon what I mentioned in my OP. Basically Courscant has two offhand orange weapons now , Scattergun and a knife ( they where blue previously ). Nar Shadda is now the most important comms exchange planet in the game now as you can get every single type of offhand orange there. Don't waste your comms on silly mods there. Then there's a gap until the next offhand orange modables , it's just the last two planets Belsavis and correilia. Belsavis has again every orange offhand to exchange comms for. In fact i actually spent 10 days or so soloing heroic 2's and 4's on Nar Shadda on my imperial characters ( 5 of them ) just to get all my companions orange offhand's. It was a bit grindy but well worth it.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

Yes! and the same goes for resourcenodes now. If your companion accidentaly agros some mobs near a resource node while harvesting it, your companion will first finish the resource node before starting to fight.

Stuns, interrupts and pushbacks from taking damage do apply though, but unless the mobs were practically on top of the node, your companion will generally get the stuff before even taking a hit.