Logic-engine for the Cartel Packs?

ToxicSky

I hate to complain since I really do like this game, but sometimes one has to, but I hope some constructive can come from it.

I just bought a cartel bundle-pack and noticed that the only two items I got was a companion gift, which is nice and all, and a companion customization for a companion none of my current characters got, or will get due to class. I'm going to assume that the cartel market is still in development for new improvements, so I have a suggestion: Why not add some kind of logic-engine that checks what character you are playing, or at least what characters you got active on the server, so at least one item can be of practical use. It would increase the will to purchase these packs radically if the players know that they won't go out empty handed, even if not all items are preferable at least one will come to use.

And I know I can't get everything I want in a game without putting up some effort and all that, but getting something of value when spending points is always preferable. I would never pay with either in-game credits, nor real money, for an item I don't need nor like.

As I previously stated, I do like this game, but I also feel that it got room for improvements.

Why not add some kind of logic-engine that checks what character you are playing, or at least what characters you got active on the server, so at least one item can be of practical use.

Because the whole purpose of those packs is to milk clueless people out of their spare cash. And boy oh boy, they do sell, since there is no shortage of silly people on this planet.

Because the whole purpose of those packs is to milk clueless people out of their spare cash. And boy oh boy, they do sell, since there is no shortage of silly people on this planet.

A little judgmental, are we? I've bought a handful of each of the two bigger cartel packs that have been released so far. No real purpose, just to see what kinds of pulls I could get. If I got something I could use, great! If it's something I didn't want or need, then I let the unbind timer run out, sell it on the GTN, and if I had enough credits through that (plus dailies), then I could just as easily get what I wanted from there.

So because I willingly spent money (albeit not much), to give the cartel packs a go, I'm now clueless?

I'd be willing to bet that most people who purchased cartel coins and bought cartel packs, are more than willing, and far from clueless to play the gambling game, knowing full well what they are getting into when they buy them. And I say most, because of the threads that have popped up about these things being "unfair" or what have you, not understanding the purpose of RNG (or some variation of, if you want to call it that). They simply buy them, because they feel like it. No rhyme, no reason. Or at least, that's why I did.

But for those that had a purpose of hunting a specific item they really wanted, they gambled with whatever they chose, and when they didn't get what they wanted, they simply sold what they did get, and used those profits to get the item that they wanted. It's pretty simple, really. So I don't think these people are as "clueless" as you say they are. To each their own.

I hate to complain since I really do like this game, but sometimes one has to, but I hope some constructive can come from it.

I just bought a cartel bundle-pack and noticed that the only two items I got was a companion gift, which is nice and all, and a companion customization for a companion none of my current characters got, or will get due to class. I'm going to assume that the cartel market is still in development for new improvements, so I have a suggestion: Why not add some kind of logic-engine that checks what character you are playing, or at least what characters you got active on the server, so at least one item can be of practical use. It would increase the will to purchase these packs radically if the players know that they won't go out empty handed, even if not all items are preferable at least one will come to use.

And I know I can't get everything I want in a game without putting up some effort and all that, but getting something of value when spending points is always preferable. I would never pay with either in-game credits, nor real money, for an item I don't need nor like.

As I previously stated, I do like this game, but I also feel that it got room for improvements.

Completely agree. So frustrating getting a bound companion outfit for a companion of the other faction. By god at least make it bound to legacy so it's not an extreme waste. Then I might actually buy some CC since I know 95% of it won't be sold to a vendor for 1000 creds.