Questions from a n00b

xCompute

Previously I have played a Sniper and Operative and have enjoyed them both in PvP and PvE. My main focus with my assassin is going to be PvP with maybe some flashpoint tanking as well. Having healed terribad tank and played with terribad peeps, I want to know when is a good time to start. Currently I'm lvl 19 and I don't quite have any decent moves for either one of them, though I guess I can still dish out damage. Is there any particular milestone or ability that I should get before diving into PvP? Similarly, is there anything I should get before attempting to tank?

What good is insulation without Surging Charge?

Thanks

It's not, that spec makes zero sense. Also around that level it's not really a grind to level up so I wouldn't worry about what spec you're using at all. Just do the warzones for the comms and exp and keep speccing into better abilities as you rapidly blow through levels.

Edited by Squidkidz

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZZcMcRM.2

Here is the spec I am currently using. Reading some other posts as well as current suggestions, I think I am going to hold off on really speccing until ~30. Once I hit 30-32 I am going to respec and re-do my trees. I am actually thinking about going flashpoints until then, and switch to class quests and pure pvp from there. Which tree should I focus on @ 30?