What is the best Build for a sentinel?

stretc

Look down on the forum here, there are alot of post on this subject and just as many opinions. I am using a Watchman build with a couple in focus. But i am low level so i come here and look at the posts already started for info.

If you are a sub you get free re specs, so I play around with it all the time.

I really enjoy Watchman for PVE play. At level 27, I'd put 13 points in Watchman and 5 in Combat. The combat points would go to Dual Wield Mastery (3) and Defensive Forms (2). Ironically the Defensive forms is more important than the dual wield as it helps you build Centering faster. In the Watchman tree, skip Recompense (tier 1) and Inflammation (tier 2). Everything on the next tier is important, but I'd grab Overload Saber and Searing Saber with your existing points, and then get Blurred Speed when you next level up.

Moving further up, I found my only choice really was between Force Fade and Focused Leap. I found that Force Fade came in handy on several occasions while leveling, but probably not often enough to merit the points. Focused Leap's benefit is pretty meager for 2 points, but it's pretty much essential to your lvl 50 rotation, so you might as well.

I also put 2 points in Master Focus in the Focus tree (Master Strike does come in handy); 2 points in Defensive Rolls (to make me less squishy), and 1 point in Jedi Crusader (because that translates into a lot of free focus off your already useful Rebuke). I hope that helps.

Look down on the forum here, there are alot of post on this subject and just as many opinions. .

This is totally accurate. Ask which of the three stances people prefer and you will get three different sets of answers. This is true with darn near all the classes, and I think it's great that people have found ways to perfect their spec for their respective classes.

I like watchman for PvE. So do a LOT of people.

But a LOT of people like combat.

And a LOT of people think focus is nifty.

Have fun out there.

If you listen closely, you can hear a healer cry every time you spec 2 points into Watchguard xD

I <3 Watchman

I don't think I've ever tried Combat, but it still gets lots of love.

I spec Focus every once in a while for a day or two just for a change. TBH, it's a lotta fun, but gets a bit repetitive even with recent changes (my opinion).

This is the PvP spec I always return to: 31/7/0

The last 3 points are up to you but I would suggest 1/2 Fade and 2/2 Master Focus. At your level and even in 50 Recruit gear I don't think you'll have the accuracy to benefit from topping off DWM. But keep it in mind when you start gearing out.

I never tried Combat, but our old Transcendence buff is there now :mad:

I don't know the names for sentinel abilities but on my marauder, I love pvp leveling as combat/carnage, we are a healer's worst nightmare, even against those pesky operatives. With a root (specced) and a healing debuff on my vicious throw, then a frenzy (i think it's zen for sentinels), no healer can survive that burst. For pve leveling though, I would recommend watchmen since there will be little downtime because of the self heals and you can burst down the standard/weak enemies just as quick. For leveling, I think focus is a bad idea until you get the 31 pt. talent. In the end, it's all about what kind of play style you like, all three specs are very good in pvp and pve.

I remember you could reduce Force Sweep's cost to 1 Focus with Swelling Winds. It still seems like an easy way to level because of the PvE stuns and Zephyrean Slash. I think you're almost to Pommel Strike too. Plus Slash, MS, and Blade Storm get some nice buffs in the first 3 Focus Tiers. I dunno how effective Singularity will be without Force Exhaustion, but it still reduces Focus cost, and Shii-cho's Zen and Stasis may be enough. I dunno though.

If that gets boring, spec back into Watchmen at level 42 after you can get Merc Slash and Def Forms (in Combat).

Just my opinion but it's all based on personal preference and what you want to do at lvl cap.

Edited by Maanji

This is a matter of play style honestly.

I find all the builds to be balanced but specializing in different things. Personally I am in the focus tree. I do an awesome area of effect which really helps in crowd control and burst damage against bosses. Unlike other trees I can focus on a main boss and still take out adds when they pop up.

Problem is I don't do as much sustained damage as the other classes but the above points mitigate that.