Oh why oh why did they pick an engine that can only render a limited amount players?

Chiricahua

Tor looks 100x better than Aion cartoon graphics. I can't even believe you just typed that nonsense. AIon also has ******* effects and combat that was guess what TRASH! You wonder why it failed just like TOR and went FTP. Best graphics in mmo history is a bold face lie!

Aion is still alive, failed after a bit more than 2 years, swtor failed before the ONE year cap.

swtor graphics= WoW's upgraded graphic

And saying Aion have cartoon graphics when you compare it to swtor...prouve that YOU type a lot of nonsense.

Also, a different combat systeme doesnt mean its bad. The dynamic in Aion is a lot faster than any mmo.

Oh and dont forget that you qualify the life time of games based on...graphics.

I could bet 100$ that you were bad at Aion, all your statements are prouving it because raging like that about my personal opinion show that your retard level is over 9000.

Plus you can actualy...costomize your toons in Aion, and dont say we can in swtor because we cant do it.

And guess what, Aion won prizes for best graphics and best effects. SWTOR won what? prizes for the most realistic babies cartoon graphics?

I mean seriously, SWTOR's graphics are nice but go buy the glasses you need or...play Aion at max settings...you'll see how SWTOR MAX setting=Aion medium settings

edit: You mad?

Edited by Philelectric

This is Star Wars. Not stupid medieval phantasy where everybody wears plate armors with lightnings and volcanos in them.

He was talking about polygon count. If you don't know what that means then research it first before saying anything. I'm comparing WoW because WoW has fewer polygon count but have higher or more details than SWTOR in armor aesthetics.

But if you want to argue like that then I could say the same thing.

"Not stupid Space Fantasy where bounty hunters, jedi, sith, and everyone else wear slave girl outfits or lounge bikinis while battling space monsters and going to war - which makes no sense whatsoever".

If you look at the armor detail in swtor, it is very crappy. Compare it World of warcraft tier armor, WoW beats swtor easily in the armor aesthetics. A lot of MMO games can beat the armor looks of swtor.

Even if the polygon count is high, they are not using it very well. Even if they reduce it, we will barely notice it. Swtor devs did a poor job at the graphics of this game.

First off, you're wrong. WoW uses textures to fake the look of a high poly count but its just texturing. The body models and armor in this game are both high poly models. The face alone is complicated enough and when you throw a bunch of people on screen both the clients and servers get bogged down in IO mess.

You make statements ridiculously uninformed. There are problems with this engine too, particularly that commands can't occur in parallel. I don't know they made that decision.

I don't have all the answers but when I want to know about how something works, I usually get expert opinion.

Aion is still alive, failed after a bit more than 2 years, swtor failed before the ONE year cap.

swtor graphics= WoW's upgraded graphic

And saying Aion have cartoon graphics when you compare it to swtor...prouve that YOU type a lot of nonsense.

Also, a different combat systeme doesnt mean its bad. The dynamic in Aion is a lot faster than any mmo.

Oh and dont forget that you qualify the life time of games based on...graphics.

I could bet 100$ that you were bad at Aion, all your statements are prouving it because raging like that about my personal opinion show that your retard level is over 9000.

Plus you can actualy...costomize your toons in Aion, and dont say we can in swtor because we cant do it.

And guess what, Aion won prizes for best graphics and best effects. SWTOR won what? prizes for the most realistic babies cartoon graphics?

I mean seriously, SWTOR's graphics are nice but go buy the glasses you need or...play Aion at max settings...you'll see how SWTOR MAX setting=Aion medium settings

edit: You mad?

That's ridiculously silly. Take a look at corellia some day and look at the details in the architecture. There are thousands of pipes, blocks, buildings, guns, trees, etc. WoW can't do any of that. WoW is mostly flat surfaces and textures. Corellia, for example, is geometry layered in geometry. It's extremely complex and it shows.

What you be referring to is the graphic fidelity and the art style. Yes, those affect your opinion on the graphics. Graphics means a lot of things. SWTOR artists chose a very distinctive art style. Maybe you don't like it, that's fine. Don't mix that up with pure rendering and actual geometry in the game.

Edited by Arkerus

That's ridiculously silly. Take a look at corellia some day and look at the details in the architecture. There are thousands of pipes, blocks, buildings, guns, trees, etc. WoW can't do any of that. WoW is mostly flat surfaces and textures. Corellia, for example, is geometry layered in geometry. It's extremely complex and it shows.

What you be referring to is the graphic fidelity and the art style. Yes, those affect your opinion on the graphics. Graphics means a lot of things. SWTOR artists chose a very distinctive art style. Maybe you don't like it, that's fine. Don't mix that up with pure rendering and actual geometry in the game.

BSP + textures , really does not take that much to render so remove that from the argument now. Im talking about how they use fully 3D models for example on tatooine. Instead of just making rock models to fit the terrain , they use premade models that are 3D and layer then with the terrain to give it less of a flat took , while on the other hand INSIDE the terrain you have 2000 polys rendering when it is IMPOSSIBLE to see them.

BSP + textures , really does not take that much to render so remove that from the argument now. Im talking about how they use fully 3D models for example on tatooine. Instead of just making rock models to fit the terrain , they use premade models that are 3D and layer then with the terrain to give it less of a flat took , while on the other hand INSIDE the terrain you have 2000 polys rendering when it is IMPOSSIBLE to see them.

I fully understand there are ways they could have saved resources.

Point I was trying to make, and maybe I should have been clear, it's not the engine. Folks on this forum don't understand that. It's the way they are using it.

Edited by Arkerus

I fully understand there are ways they could have saved resources.

Point I was trying to make, and maybe I should have been clear, it's not the engine. Folks on this forum don't understand that. It's the way they are using it.

Is what we are all saying lol , as a game designer who has used hero Before , i dont think it is the engines fualt.

Is what we are all saying lol , as a game designer who has used hero Before , i dont think it is the engines fualt.

I think you just agreed with him? My Sarcasm detector unit tends to malfunction after midnight...

Hero Engine: Bioware should have fixed everything that wasn't working in our engine.

EA/Bioware: Hero Engine is unwieldy, unsecure and unfinished.

The reality is that there is more than enough blame to go around. For the Hero Engine people to blame their client (Bioware) is the kiss of death. Never blame the people giving you money. Besides, Bioware had a great track record before ToR. The Hero Engine people are basically saying a great dev couldn't get our engine to work well. How is that going to project to potential future clients?

For Bioware, blaming the Hero Engine for being unfinished is like saying Bioware is an idiot. Why pick the Hero Engine if it was unfinished? Oh right, because you did no due diligence and were basically an idiot. Doh.