The Republic: SWTOR is "Out of Control"

Peregrine_Falcon

THe sparkle pony had value. It was an adaptive mount that EVERY character you had or later created received. For people with many alts it was of huge usefulness. Also Blizzard donated part of the proceeds to Charity.

The Life Day mount does not compare.

Value is in the eye of the beholder don't like it don't buy it or you can keep having a tantrum

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that actually makes the sparkle pony worse. Because now it has value. before it was just amount but now it actually is usefull in game as you don't have to ever buy a mount for any character again.

I totally get how paying money for something useful that doesn't give you an edge over other players AND benefits a charity is worse... :rolleyes:

Did you ever stop to think that perhaps BW is doing everyone a favor and NOT bringing Christmas into a game simply because not all of us are Christians?! What a novel thought......

"When was Jesus Christ born? Was Jesus born on December 25 - Christmas Day?

History shows that December 25 was popularized as the date for Christmas, not because Christ was born on that day, but because it was already popular in pagan religious celebrations as the birthday of the sun. But could December 25 be the date of Christ's birth?

Answer:

When was Jesus Christ born? Was Jesus born on December 25 - Christmas Day?

Source: Photos.com

"Lacking any scriptural pointers to Jesus's birthday, early Christian teachers suggested dates all over the calendar. Clement...picked November 18. Hippolytus...figured Christ must have been born on a Wednesday...An anonymous document[,] believed to have been written in North Africa around A.D. 243, placed Jesus's birth on March 28" (Joseph L. Sheler, U.S. News & World Report, "In Search of Christmas," Dec. 23, 1996, p. 58).

A careful analysis of Scripture, however, clearly indicates that December 25 couldn't be the date for Christ's birth."

Link:

http://www.ucg.org/bible-faq/when-was-jesus-christ-born-was-jesus-born-december-25-christmas-day

There are MANY more that tell us that jesus was NOT born dec 25th.

Christmas was NEVER about christ, and any "christian" whom thinks it is needs to read up.

Honestly I wanted a bunch of cartel items but now after looking at price for items ratio to price of coins it is ridiculous ripoff. For any full armor set it's like $15 and all regular sets of just chest or anything are $5. Cartel Packs are about $3 (small)-$5 (large)

I agree they could slash the Cashshop prices by half and it still wouldn't be cheap, especially on gear sets.

However if they did slash the prices by half with ZERO production costs they would sell a LOT more and make more money, without leaving their players feeling like they were being ripped off (or that their prices were A rip off).

The issue with the space P2W is as much the precedent it sets (P2W raid gear, P2W PvP gear etc)...

Neither of those two things will happen though. Because calling the spaceship upgrades pay to win is laughable. The appreciable effect it has on a player's game experience is so small it might as well not exist. The notion of raid gear being in the market is downright laughable.

Edited by AlyxDinas

Neither of those two things will happen though. Because calling the spaceship upgrades pay to win is laughable. The appreciable effect it has on a player's game experience is so small it might as well not exist.

People said P2W would "never" happen as short a time as 4 weeks ago.......... now we have P2W in space.

Never say never, they precedent is already set. :(

I totally get how paying money for something useful that doesn't give you an edge over other players AND benefits a charity is worse... :rolleyes:

except it DOES give you an advantage over other players. If it is given to every character you have or create then you never have to spend money on a mount. That is an advantage.

The charity aspect has nothing to do with anything. Would it be ok for Bioware to sell Dread guard gear or elite warehero gear on the cartel market if they gave half the profits to charity?

Obvioulsy that is an extreme example but you get the point. Just cause it is for charity has nothing to do with the actual item that is just how they are presenting it. Of course remmeber they are righting that donation off on their taxes so it's not like they are losing money.

Chicken Little also told me the sky is going to fall and people tell me we all will die in a few days. I am willing to bet you anything that I'll be okay. And so will you.

Calling it P2W is a joke. Because the thing that it affects is tangential to anything else in the game. It's self contained, barely touches anything else outside its little bubble. The day raid gear is in the store, I will personally drive to your home to cook you dinner for a week. Better yet, that day is the day I pay you one hundred dollars through PayPal.

I'm not kidding either. I will literally pay you $100. Make a note of this. Make a note of who I am. If that day comes, message me. I'll actually do it.

Edited by AlyxDinas

People said P2W would "never" happen as short a time as 4 weeks ago.......... now we have P2W in space.

Never say never, they precedent is already set. :(

sigh.... it's not pay 2 win. you can buy those on the GTN or get them for coms. This is called closing the gear gap. It is also only 4 of the what 7 items needed for the space missions.

except it DOES give you an advantage over other players. If it is given to every character you have or create then you never have to spend money on a mount. That is an advantage.

The charity aspect has nothing to do with anything. Would it be ok for Bioware to sell Dread guard gear or elite warehero gear on the cartel market if they gave half the profits to charity?

Obvioulsy that is an extreme example but you get the point. Just cause it is for charity has nothing to do with the actual item that is just how they are presenting it. Of course remmeber they are righting that donation off on their taxes so it's not like they are losing money.

You are really, really grasping at straws here. Buying the Digital Deluxe SWTOR upgrade gives you an adaptable mount for every character. I don't see you protesting it??

Do you realize how long it would take to get the parts by doing space missions? It's unrealistic.

no it's not. I have them because I did them. I leveled my character up to 50 while doing the daily space missions. I didn't spend my comms on parts. I then spent all of my coms on the new parts when they came out.

I feel silly though since I could have bought them on the GTN for next to nothing.

I'm lol'ing. Your pulling at straws at best. It isn't an edge, mounts are dirt cheap. Seriously... dirt cheap. No one is being denied anything and it isn't an edge. You may get the mount from level one but you cant use it till you train @ the same level as everyone else. You still have to pay for the training your literally saving something like 20 silver its a laughable amount.

You are really, really grasping at straws here. Buying the Digital Deluxe SWTOR upgrade gives you an adaptable mount for every character. I don't see you protesting it??

this is the point. People are complaing about the snow blower saying its destroyng the game and all that crap when you have the CE mount.

I'm not grasping at anything here. Im just pointing out the ridiculusness of this whole thing. It's just a freaking game.

I'm lol'ing. Your pulling at straws at best. It isn't an edge, mounts are dirt cheap. Seriously... dirt cheap. No one is being denied anything and it isn't an edge. You may get the mount from level one but you cant use it till you train @ the same level as everyone else. You still have to pay for the training your literally saving something like 20 silver its a laughable amount.

/facepalm

and yet you are complaining about a mount that it is 100% optional, easily the ugliest mount ever made in a game, and doesn't give you a single advantage in game.

/facepalm

and yet you are complaining about a mount that it is 100% optional, easily the ugliest mount ever made in a game, and doesn't give you a single advantage in game.

Where exactly did I complain about the in-game snow blower mount? Please, quote me. I dare you to.

Edited by Kashley

Chicken Little also told me the sky is going to fall and people tell me we all will die in a few days. I am willing to bet you anything that I'll be okay. And so will you.

Calling it P2W is a joke. Because the thing that it affects is tangential to anything else in the game. It's self contained, barely touches anything else outside its little bubble. The day raid gear is in the store, I will personally drive to your home to cook you dinner for a week. Better yet, that day is the day I pay you one hundred dollars through PayPal.

I'm not kidding either. I will literally pay you $100. Make a note of this. Make a note of who I am. If that day comes, message me. I'll actually do it.

Agreed 100%. Complaining about P2W space missions is absolutely stupid. The most constant complaint I've heard about space missions is that they're completely solo, boring, and have no co-op or PvP aspect. Do they give you comms for completing missions? Yes they do, but you can get comms a myriad of other ways, and you can still do the space missions by acquiring the ship upgrades in-game. Besides, there are TONS of other ways to get comms in game--dailies, flashpoints, ops, etc etc. These space missions are A way to get comms, not THE way. If you don't want to pay for the ship upgrades then you can still earn plenty of comms from gameplay that is 100% included with your sub fee.

Edited by Eldrenath

Where exactly did I complain about the in-game snow blower mount? Please, quote me. I dare you to.

i'm sorry i got you confused with the guy i was having the original conversation with. You just jumped into the conversation.

My point is why is SWTOR so special that people bash it for doing things every other MMO does. Things that are common place? Especially when no one is forcing you to buy it.

This is just a video game.

Did you ever stop to think that perhaps BW is doing everyone a favor and NOT bringing Christmas into a game simply because not all of us are Christians?! What a novel thought......

Not Christian, love Christmas, love the sprit and message = peace on earth good will to men, love the happy holiday feeling. Go figure.

i'm sorry i got you confused with the guy i was having the original conversation with. You just jumped into the conversation.

My point is why is SWTOR so special that people bash it for doing things every other MMO does. Things that are common place? Especially when no one is forcing you to buy it.

This is just a video game.

I am not going to go into a long debate about it as I have just addressed my beef with the cartel market in this thread here

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=574478

The reason I think people are upset is not because they are doing what every other MMO is doing, but the way they are going about it. It just looks terrible and the balance of it is entirely out of whack in comparison to other games. It leaves a bad taste and some people have a hard time addressing things in a civil manner when they care so much and invest so much time into a game.

Or you could run normal space missions for fleet comms and buy them in game instead. Or buy them for 75k on the GTN since they got flooded.

Indeed, but P2W exists by the process of paying cash to avoid gamplay (in this case a grind) not because it is or is not a sole path. :csw_yoda:

sigh.... it's not pay 2 win. you can buy those on the GTN or get them for coms. This is called closing the gear gap. It is also only 4 of the what 7 items needed for the space missions.

Look we've been through this with A rip off and it didn't end well for you, it IS P2W. :(

I agree it's is not the worst possible type of P2W, but it still is P2W. :csw_yoda:

... and while they do have bugs with new patches (as does every MMO) they are quick to fix them. ...

this is the funniest line...

tell that to the guys who can't buy cartel coins, or the guys that don't get the right amount of "free" coins, or the guys that get charged on their credit cards for undelivered coins..

or the guys who are subscribers but the game puts in ftp status...

etc ad nausem.

"quick to fix" indeed..... ROTFLMAO... you are a tad out of touch.