Juggernaut or Marauder DPS

McBlobbicus

I'm sorry in advance if this has been covered before lol (the threads I saw didn't seem to be recent so I'm not sure if what people said was still relevant). I'm new to the game (but not MMOs) and I've decided to roll with a Sith Warrior, but I can't seem to pin down which would be a better advanced class for me in the long run.

For leveling I'll be teamed up with a friend who is making a DPS Sorcerer, and right now I'm thinking in the end I'll just be DPS. However, I do tend to gravitate towards tanking (which would make Juggernaut the clear choice), but in the event that isn't what I do I'm wondering if Marauder would be better off for DPS.

Edited by McBlobbicus

I'm sorry in advance if this has been covered before lol (the threads I saw didn't seem to be recent so I'm not sure if what people said was still relevant). I'm new to the game (but not MMOs) and I've decided to roll with a Sith Warrior, but I can't seem to pin down which would be a better advanced class for me in the long run.

For leveling I'll be teamed up with a friend who is making a DPS Sorcerer, and right now I'm thinking in the end I'll just be DPS. However, I do tend to gravitate towards tanking (which would make Juggernaut the clear choice), but in the event that isn't what I do I'm wondering if Marauder would be better off for DPS.

Unless you're willing to spend alot of time learning how to dps on a jugg you will be on the line of just carrying your own weight, so if you want something so easy a caveman can do it go mara. juggs when fully learned can out dps maras in single target. not all maras, but decent ones.

Im a huge supporter of Jugg's as well Mc. Mara's are a great class, but are also very popular due to the DPS/ease of use. in defense of Mara's, I will say that fully optimizing their DPS is a challenge, but getting decent DPS out of them is not hard. Best way to see it is DPS on a jugg is more difficult initially, but has great potential. mara's are easy to get DPS out of initially, but their ultimate potential is challenging.

I like juggs mostly due to their single saber use and their attack animations...IMO some of the best in the game. Plus, as stated above, the option to tank is hard to pass up...in this game it means almost instant queue times if your so inclined. that, and with respecs free for subs, subbing allows you to switch at will and for free....I will run dailies in DPS spec and then switch over to tank spec (with tank gear), and hit my instant queues. a distinct advantage a Mara does not have.

But....Mara's in the run always make the run faster, simple as that. even if they aren't a stellar mara (and a good mara is impressive to say the least), they have unique buffs that benefit the entire group. So I don't want to dis mara's, they are an excellent class. I just prefer Jugg.

I'm usually always willing to put in the effort to learn and get good at what I play, so Juggernaut might be the choice for me. And I'm honestly not a huge fan of a lot of the Medium armor.

For example that guy makes a good point. Ive achieved potential on my jugg and Mara, my jugg I can pull 1940 dps in 5-7 minute parses. And on my Mara I can pull 2150+ parses in the same time. But I can carry atleast one other bad dps of any kind. So in the end they both can do carry dps.

Edited by Okuy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.