round 1, Dumbledore vs Darth sidious

turnoverla-page

ive been watching the harry potter movies and i was wondering who would win in a duel Dumbledore.

thinking about it this duel would be really close, as dumbledore is the greatest wizard of all time, but i doubt he would use the killing curse, but could defiantly use the body binding curse. but sidious could easily sith lighting him .

it personally think dmbledore would win as he has allot more spells at his disposal, and sidious only has sith lightning and his lightsaber.

I'm guessing the winner would be determined by the fan-fiction author writing the story and whatever goals that author had for their narrative. I find that's always the case when discussing a duel between 2 fictional characters from 2 completely different fictional universes. Edited by MorgonKara

I'm guessing the winner would be determined by the fan-fiction author writing the story and whatever goals that author had for their narrative. I find that's always the case when discussing a duel between 2 fictional characters from 2 completely different fictional universes.

This. End thread.

Edited by Spartanik

lol, well if we are going the logical route then most authors would have it somehow end in a draw so half of the fans aren't angered

We all know how each of them dies*, so it would have to be a draw unless you plan to retcom the films?

*Don't get me started on the EU!

I think neither. Sidious would take on Dumbledore as his new apprentice. Darth Dumbledore would then become the most powerful Sith to ever live and forcechoke Voldemort then throw his lifeless body into the Sarlaac.

I could actually see this battle going either way. Dumbledore's abilities seem more versatile, while Sidious' seem more destructive. (You know, Dumbledore can awake statues to life. Sidious can create Force storms which destroy entire fleets.

Both have some certain advantages:

Dumbledore: IIRC HP spells, if performed correctly, always work. For example, you can break away from mind control, but you can't break away from the Imperius Curse.

Sidious: He is a master swordsman. With a lightsaber. If he uses it, Dumbledore is dead within seconds. (A shield spell might save him though.)

I think if Dumbledore started the battle with the Killing Curse, he would win. (It can't be blocked and if performed correctly, it's a insta kill.) But he won't. In fact, he will hold back the entire time. Sidious won't.

The outcome will depend on decisions and reactions of both in the battle. Sidious has the edge, I think, because he doesn't hold back. But one false move might turn the tide.

Remember, however, both are manipulative bastards and probably won't face each other in person, but instead use their pawn. (And, sorry, and Army of Stormtroopers >> a tiny group of wizards. Vader vs. Harry/Hermione/Ron might be interesting, though. For Vader. As in "an interesting new experience".)