The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Returning Player~

Xarec

Hello there,

I have not acttively played SWTOR since February but I have 6 Level 50s and I am reinstalling the game as I type, after a long spell away from MMOs and most recently GW2. I have really enjoyerd my time in GW2 but it is not Star Wars. I love the guild I am in and they decided to leave Star Wars due to lack of content and I followed. We're enjoying being successful in GW2, but on a personal level, it is not Star Wars. There's no doubt that Star Wars offered the best levelling experience I ever had but lack of content meant it got monotonous after a while. Granted we were a successful guild and I suppose some blame can be proportiened on us for getting through content asap but Whatever demons are there in the past as far as SWTOR is concerned I find myself wanting to return. I am going to /roll a fresh character and go through it one more time.

There's always been so much negativity on these boards regarding the game it is hard to judge from forums whether it is "ruined" or not but I'm going to find out for myself. The purpose of this thread is not to invoke fanboy responses or anything of the sort, it's a simple heads up to say that there are players who left but who do want the game to succeed long term and would relish an opportunity to return with improvements made.

Look forward to seeing some old names (hopefully) on my friends list!

Edited by Xarec

Well, not much has changed. The leveling up part to max level is still the most fun of any MMO I've tried (If you enjoy story and are not someone that is in a rush for endgame).

I do not find the endgame to be particular appealing or innovative compared to other MMOs. Just the same old same old...

Your friends list will be blank as we have had server merges unfortunately. You might also lose some of those 6 level 50 character names. Glad you are giving it another play through. Welcome back.

o and there is going to be a new planet soon and ilum is to return , possibly not quite like it was before but in some shape or form. All that by the end of march. Expect an event sometime very soon too. Should be great fun.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb