Remove class restrictions from legacy armor

XAtrophi

I really want the jedi guardian exalted set as my juggernaut however buying it will do me no good as it is guardian only which defeats the purpose of legacy armor.

I dont think they should remove it for free however i think it should require legacy 50 and still cost like say- 2 mill to unlock, they are not adaptable , and its too costly for f2p players so it wont create a problem of people with only 1 set of gear as all their alts( i have both containment sets aswell as sand people armor i never use). Also will put some use in getting legacy 50 .

Sorry for the rambling jumble of words up there typing from my phone while at a conference might edit later, probably not im lazy.

Short version: New legacy perk at 50 to remove class restrictions on legacy armors(can leave them non-adaptable i dont care)

• 8 months later...

I have recently been consolidating my character's gear to Legacy sets so that it is much easier to gear cross faction characters. While I am glad to have several options in the sets for this endeavor, the Legacy Armor sets on the Capital planets have always vexed me as to what use they could possibly be from a Legacy standpoint. While I'm sure they would much rather have people purchasing armor from the Cartel or GTN it would seem like this would be a simple fix to perhaps make the gear adaptive and not class specific. Hopefully the recent turmoil with armor sets is them moving to standardize them. I apologize for the necrotic use of this thread but I thought it better to continue the request in support of the original poster.

:rak_02:

/support

This is one of several related suggestions I have in my thread:

...Next the original legacy sets (Renowned, exalted) are bound to legacy, but the profession restrictions keep them from being used in the most common form of shared-gear toons: mirror classes. removing the profession restrictions would make these 20 sets more useful. Besides the profession restrictions are outdated on them anyway--intended to prevent stuff like jedi in imp uniforms, bounty hunters in jedi robes, and sith in trooper armor, all stuff that is in the game anyway thanks to the cartel market sets....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=672425

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but yes I agree, that the original legacy gears from when they game first came out. There class restrictions should be removed, why was there even a class restriction in the first place, it made no real sense. Not only that, I'm sorry but the Imperial Legacy armor for the most part is f--king ugly as hell. I know a lot of others out there who own the exalted guardian armor find it kind of odd that in the 3 years the game has been out, you still haven't fixed the graphic clipping of the armor into the robe.

I don't mind most of the rep legacy armor is just re-skinned stuff, but at least make it look the same in different colors, not add useless "props", like with the shield warden armor, that strapped on shield on the chest piece has got to go, and that helmet doesn't even match the armor in the first place. It's a damn bikers helm. Before you trolls say, just click "hide the helm" some of us actually like having that visual, I mean the pub trooper armors are awesome and they match well with the helmets.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.