The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is powertech a viable tank?

killahcheese

PT can be both tank or dps.

But if I were to go tank hybrid, what would the main stats be that I need?

Defense, shield, absorb. 30, 50, 50

Don't be an endurance stacking noob like the 30k hp tanks out there. Tank stats are > than endurance because of the large amounts of damage tanks take during a raid fight.

Defense, shield, absorb. 30, 50, 50

Don't be an endurance stacking noob like the 30k hp tanks out there. Tank stats are > than endurance because of the large amounts of damage tanks take during a raid fight.

Just no, those are good stats for a jugg (and maybe an assassin), but completely wrong for a powertech.

I used to believe that you shouldn't be stacking any endurance and focus on mitigation only, but with EC NiM out now, that needs to be adjusted due to the mechanics there - he does 18k damage in a single hit and follows up with a dot that hits for 7k/tick (both unmitigateable), so if you have less then 25k hp you're ****ed. With that in mind, this is my new goal build - enough HP to take the hit+a tick of the dot plus a little margin of error for the healers to work with, while still having great mitigation. My spreadsheet shows that with that amount of defensive points available, the stat distribution gives the best possible damage mitigation (well, almost - I left absorb a little lower then normal to account for the fact I'll have an extra 455 points in it 30% of the time).