Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Pc Upgrade needed?

roxxasgriffin

Hello, first off I'm totally new to this and I'm not the best with computers. I just wanted to know if there is anything that needs up grading to play swtor on high setting. It can managed it but it gets jerky at times. especially PvP.

Operating System

MS Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP2

CPU

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 38 °C

Kentsfield 65nm Technology

RAM

4.0GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz (5-4-4-14)

Motherboard

MSI MS-7399 (CPU 1) 28 °C

Graphics

HP w1907 (1440x900@60Hz)

512MB GeForce 9600 GT (ZOTAC International) 30 °C

Hard Drives

977GB Hitachi Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 ATA Device (SATA) 26 °C

Optical Drives

Optiarc DVD RW AD-5200A ATA Device

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

I run the game with everything on High, all sliders to 100, but visible character limit to Low or Medium @ 1920x1200 in Fullscreen (Windowed) and Vsync defaulted to On @ 60 Hz. I get an average of 40 fps on the Fleet / Warzones, and 30-60 depending on the planet. I am going to upgrade in the future, but definitely not for this game.

Windows 7

Core 2 Quad 9450

8 GB RAM

GeForce GTX 470

I would suggest doubling your ram dual channel and getting a new video card.

Edited by SDTAXantos

I'd recommend an i5 2500k, 660 TI, new motherboard, and ram. Most likely you'll need a new power supply too.

That processor and GPU are quite out-dated now. Especially the ram.

I'd have to agree with this, however... A few people have had high end rigs and the game runs great for them. More people have a high end rig and the game runs poorly for them. Just look around the forums.

I would say look into the suggested hardware, as well as others. And find what you can afford with the most bang for the buck. You never want to spend money for one specific game. You want to spend money on hardware that will play any game you want for the next few years.

Upgrading 1 part will handicap it with the rest of the parts as is. Plus your parts are old and a 100 percent new system would be in your best interest. Do you play on lowest settings now? If not, try to and see if the game is playable for you. I know its hard to hear to replace everything, but the parts in your PC justify it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.