Leveling Build

happyfeetx

I'm currently at level 36 and this is my build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101ZcGMRMuddb.2

Pure Vengeance build.

I basically do the following at this level:

1) Force Charge.

2) Sundering Assault.

3) Impale. (Places a Damage Over Time (DOT) and will proc Savagery.)

4) Force Scream. (This will place a DOT and "almost always" crit thanks to Savagery.) (NOTE: It might be necessary to use Assault first if not enough Rage. Should only be needed at the beginning of the fight if fight was started with 0 Rage.)

5) Sundering Assault again (cooldown is over).

6) Ravage.(You should have 4 stacks of Sunder on the target by now, so it will hit harder.)

7) Sundering Assault again (cooldown is over).

8) Impale followed by Force Scream. (Cooldowns are over or finishing.)

9) If Impale procced Rampage, use Ravage again (as its cooldown will have been reset by Rampage), otherwise:

9.1) If plenty of Rage, (9 or more), use Vicious Slash to consume Rage until Sundering Assault is off cooldown. Try not to drop below 6 rage.

9.2) If Rage is low, (less than 9), use Smash and then Assault until Sundering Assault is off cooldown.

10) Resume from 2. Rinse and repeat.

This works great in solo and group play. I have yet to PvP on this toon, so no idea how it works in PvP, but I don't foresee any issues with this rotation in PvP (apart from people running away from your Ravage :)).

Hope that helps.

I'm a big fan of the increased stun from force charge (stagger), but was considering switching them to unstoppable, do you think this is the better of the two options? It seems a lot of leveling includes fighting packs of normal/1 strong mob is the main reason I took it, but I'd love to hear your input!

I'm a big fan of the increased stun from force charge (stagger), but was considering switching them to unstoppable, do you think this is the better of the two options? It seems a lot of leveling includes fighting packs of normal/1 strong mob is the main reason I took it, but I'd love to hear your input!

The thing with Stagger is that it isn't a "stun" effect, it is an "immoblizing" effect. They can still attack but not move. Against mobs, keeping them still for 2 seconds (the default) or 3 seconds (due to Stagger) is irrelevant: mobs will stand still anyway. :)

Unstoppable on the other hand, gives you 4 seconds of reduced damage (20% less damage) and immunity to interrupts and CC effects. Much better for levelling considering that mobs tend to hit you hardest right at the beginning of the fight, and if any of them have a CC they will also use it right at the beginning of the fight. With Unstoppable you can mitigate all of that.

I recommend his build as well. Vengeance is the best tree to level in for the most part. the only one Id possibly switch out is the 2 pts in rampage...you'll get it eventually, so if your hurting for rage 2 pts in enraged sunder is HUGE. but thats a personal pref...I've run with it and without, and both are viable.

Optimum companion is Quinn. subbing out for a DPS comp will usually add more downtime resulting in an overall slower leveling curve. but that again is personal pref. if you don't mind the extra downtime, it's fun to try other companions.

Edited by Elyx

... the only one Id possibly switch out is the 2 pts in rampage...you'll get it eventually, so if your hurting for rage 2 pts in enraged sunder is HUGE. but thats a personal pref...I've run with it and without, and both are viable.

True. I've tried both as well. Enraged Sunder makes for a better initial ramp up of Rage. I intend to pick up again once I finish out the Vengeance tree.

On a personal note:

I'm now at 37 and Rampage is maxed out. Now I'm wondering where to spend the next 2 points. Either Sundering Throw or Defeaning Defense. I'm tending towards Defeaning Defense.

Since Saber Throw is only usable from 10-30m and has a 30s cooldown, it is more of a ranged opening move (and for that we have Force Charge on a much smaller cooldown) and unusable in melee range where we spend 99% of our time. If Sundering Throw also reduced the range requirement by 5/10 meters so we could use it in melee range, it would be much more interesting, but as it stands...

Defeaning Defense on the other hand appears to offer much more. It provides a 2/4% damage reduction to *all* damage at *all* times. It also provides an *additional* 7.5/15% damage reduction to *all* damage when Enraged Defense (aggro dump, 3% of max health (use with Endure Pain!) healed for 10s every 1s as long as you have 1 Rage) is activated. Having the cooldown on Intimidating Roar (a 6s AoE stun) reduced by 7.5/15s is just icing on the cake.

Actually, now that I've written it down, Defeaning Defense is definitely the way to go (for me at least ;)).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.