Cyrillic in the chat (Russian Topic)

Buks

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those two are of a little concern and are usually ommited (and/or they modify how the other characters near them are transliterated). Its not just about letters, but syllables which are a total mess - most don't have analogues, and those that sound kind of similar are used. But everyone have a different feel on what is "similar"... Well, I have a common 6 letter name, and 2 of my credit cards and an international passport all have it spelled differenly.

Yeah, but see I don't get that (note, not dissing, just expressing a subjective view). In Serbian, "dj" and "đ" are two different things - but when we write them, we can tell the difference and read from context without any trouble whatsoever. As I've said previously, we also type three letters, "c", "č" and "ć" the same most of the time as it's just faster and doesn't require us to use a special keyboard layout and again, no one has any trouble reading it 99% of the time (it does result in a humorous coincidence sometimes when a word looks like another word, but apart from laughing about it, it's still not hard to judge which word it is from context). I fail to see how the same is not possible (and common) in Russian.

Edited by Vrachara

yep! Cirilic or UTF-16 support in chat need for Russian community. Russia is a biggest country in the world! ). Russian community in game more >>> Germany or French community.

Russia has a very very small population so land extension don't counts, most males don't live pass their 50th because they kill themselves, from the amount of drinking vodka they do. this info comes from many medical reports. by the year 2015 there will be 10 or 20 women per every russian adult male.

Russia has a very very small population so land extension don't counts, most males don't live pass their 50th because they kill themselves, from the amount of drinking vodka they do. this info comes from many medical reports. by the year 2015 there will be 10 or 20 women per every russian adult male.

And don't forget that we are also have bears riding unicycles on the snowy streets.

Edited by Kligan

Ya.. ya.. ya... but in 20Th war and conflicts Russia lost 60-70% population... And u say drinking, drugs and other problems... it's a lie. in USA drink and use drugs more than men in Russia is several times... Just see a statistic.

And facepalm for save world...

P.S> Cirilic support Realy needed.

Ya.. ya.. ya... but in 20Th war and conflicts Russia lost 60-70% population... And u say drinking, drugs and other problems... it's a lie. in USA drink and use drugs more than men in Russia is several times... Just see a statistic.

And facepalm for save world...

P.S> Cirilic support Realy needed.

actually i just did a little research on it, and you can find that info all over the internet.

nothing said about drugs, only a very serious alcohol problem. and very low birth rates.

честно сказать, что не фига не пойму, что вы пишите там на за своем английском, но народу нужна кирилица в чате и сообщениях, и ну хотябы переведите весь ТЕКСТ!!!!! сделайте субтитры!!!

в России уже тысячи сайтов левых есть, за то организаторы и пальцем не двигают для удобства других игроков.. быть может это русофобия???!!

Уважаемые, переведите ну хотя бы спеки, билды... ни чего толком не понятно как играть... вы теряете свои же деньги... народ тупо сливаться будет..

честно сказать, что не фига не пойму, что вы пишите там на за своем английском, но народу нужна кирилица в чате и сообщениях, и ну хотябы переведите весь ТЕКСТ!!!!! сделайте субтитры!!!

в России уже тысячи сайтов левых есть, за то организаторы и пальцем не двигают для удобства других игроков.. быть может это русофобия???!!

Уважаемые, переведите ну хотя бы спеки, билды... ни чего толком не понятно как играть... вы теряете свои же деньги... народ тупо сливаться будет..

or you could learn english

actually i just did a little research on it, and you can find that info all over the internet.

nothing said about drugs, only a very serious alcohol problem. and very low birth rates.

this is no serious problem...

People drink in winter to keep warm. But in order not to get alcohol poisoning to develop the habit of to the venom. Drink in small doses for a long time. Way of taking a small dose of poison for generating immunity is known for a long time. Statistics of heavy alcohol poisoning several times lower than in other countries in which they drink to relax.

You do realise how xenophobic your whole post is, right?

Banning people from using their native language because you fear that someone may secretly insult you is just sooo ignorant. And that is the enlightened European culture you'd like us to learn, huh?..

You clearly did not read my post. I never used the word banning. I feel you are just trying to flame and troll posts. I think more than one will use their native language on an English server it will not be prevented. No reason for a ban, it only makes that person rude and inconsiderate towards the community that wishes to play on an English server. If there is a very large playerbase limited to that language, BioWare is equally inconsiderate towards that part of the community.

I do not fear secret insults even though it WILL happen. I speak German and some French and Spanish, next to that translation services are an alt+tab away and in more than one occasion when playing games, if you play bad or play a game too good people start flaming and using bad language (it starts with noob/ hacker/ cheater and gradually gets worse). You reply in English and soon it becomes a German (just an example) storm of foul language. Saying this never happens just tells me you never played online games before.

It is but one example… and you won’t stop French, German or for that matter English misbehaviour. What we can do is entice people to use English on an English server and minimize misunderstandings, because (and this time try to READ) not understanding one another can lead to difficult/annoyed relationships. On that very note Russian speaking players deserve proper game instructions/ item descriptions etc. so that they can properly play the game, see respect GOES both ways.

Luckily most people agree and most Russians here that wish to play on an English server are for the support of chat in private/ guild only:

Agreed, we need cyrillic. But there are a lot of children, so it is necessary to add the cyrillic for guilds, groups, pm(not for general and etc.)

Your comment:

that is the enlightened European culture you'd like us to learn, huh?..

It just shows how far you stand from the rest of the people with your nationalistic behaviour. Maybe you should read this whole topic again and maybe you notice how many Americans and European support the idee behind Cyrillic (private) and Russian servers. The only thing they do not support is the use of Cyrillic typing in public chat on English servers.

Edited by Stonewall_Jack

Support this.

Some part of russian community are already aware of ppl spamming on russian in general, but i must say bigger guild even added to rules, that members speak ONLY english outside of guild \ guild party chat, but for every single player it's easier to speak on his native language in chat, rather then using other languages he\she knows.

this is no serious problem...

People drink in winter to keep warm. But in order not to get alcohol poisoning to develop the habit of to the venom. Drink in small doses for a long time. Way of taking a small dose of poison for generating immunity is known for a long time. Statistics of heavy alcohol poisoning several times lower than in other countries in which they drink to relax.

nevertheless, i like russian players, have met some great people.:)

i used to call them chiburaska:D