The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Good Communiy??please help??

ixomarkoxi

Hi All,

Im 23 and a big fan of MMO`s.I have had SWTOR since it came out but never actually ended up playing it due to work etc....

I have spare time to play and am absolutely overwhelmed by how good this game actually is.

There are so many questions I would like to ask but dont wanto annoy anyone as they all fall under different categories.

I am looking for a mature 16+ friendly but dedicated guild possibly with TeamSpeak or equiv as I feel

you get to know your guidies better and sometimes mid battle type chat becomes a pain.

Possibly the guild has it own forum or many threads on here to join. I have just created a chara on (The Red Eclipse) but am open to change servers and factions if what i have described does not exist on my server.

Sorry for the essay!! thanks to anyone who takes time to read and reply

You can also ask in-game. If you ask politely and coherently, read the chat so you aren't asking questions answered 5 minutes before; then people will answer. You will get trolled, but that is usually 5 or so players mixed in a planet that could have several hundred players spread over two or more instances. Most of us are grown up enough as to where we don't feel the need to bash on others.

I say this because I do help those in game. But, I'll encourage you there just like I will here to do research on your own as well. There is information to glean in these forums and throughout the internet. You can answer a lot of your own questions- and a lot of time get background data expanding on the limited answers other players will provide. SWTOR + search term in Google can take you to the answer of just about any question you may have

Most guilds help their own also- so pose your questions there if you have found a home. All of us started as newbs, if not in this game- then others. Most of us aren't bothered by questions, especially if you demonstrate maturity. Just return the favor a couple months down the road when you are a pro- there are always new players in any game so take a few minutes periodically and help them.

Other than that- enjoy the game. My first character I had to leave alone for a few weeks until I could afford to undo the mistakes inflicted by me learning this game-my first MMO. I asked questions in game, found a guild that taught me my characters and flashpoint/ops , and during my non-playing time I looked through these forums and other internet sources.

Edited by amaresch

Hi,

Perhaps you`re right I think I should ask in game. Nothing new there trolls are on every game but like

you say hopefully wont get to much. Shame thre isnt a way to search for Guilds in game as this would be a good idea.

I understand what you mean, there is a ton of info on the web. But on a negative, I have posted something

on the crew skills section about what would be the best skills for Jedi Knight and although everyone on this forum seems to be very nice and all have great input....they all say different things that all make sense and its very overwhelming!!

What mistakes did you make with your chara?

Sorry for not replying sooner. Since I was learning this game, and MMOs in general: there were many things that I wasn't doing right. Most significant, not equipping my Smuggler with items with the correct attributes. Strength items instead of Cunning because I liked the way the armor looked and figured that strength is a good thing. So yeah- not focusing on attributes was my biggest mistake. I had to set that character aside for a bit since I had no money to correct my mistakes. So I rolled an alt, played it with better fundamentals and efficiency, applied all the lessons learned, and when I had enough extra credits on hand I mailed some funds to my first character to fix him.

A lot of mistakes I see a lot are characters not equipping relics, earpieces, and implants. Those add significant boosts to your stats. So look to add them as soon as you hit the lowest level and keep them updated as you can.

A lot of things to learn when first starting out- and it takes a bit of time to absorb all the info. But I had help along the way- and I looked for resources myself. I may not be the greatest player out there, but it felt good when I stomped one opposing faction player who was two levels higher than me at the time. He purposefully got me flagged pvp- but he ended up regretting that little action.