lightsabers still bugged?

Dicey

Press "~"

It opens the companions ability menu. Find the stance that's currently turned on (they normally have two) and right click it. If you want to turn it back on in an area where you need it, you just turn it back on. And like I said before, this is just a work around until it gets fixed (I say this because apparently some people love to over react to temporary work arounds....)

Well not so "temporary" as this bug has been around more or less constantly since release now. :(

Also you'll have to retoggle once you do most anything.

Just turn the stance off completely..... you lose whatever the stance offers, but no more bug, ever.

Ah.. I see, interesting, but you're nerfing yourself pretty significantly by doing that.

Edited by Goretzu

I'm sorry but this is just not true, this bug wasn't here on release.

It appeared again after release, was fixed and appeared again, it also seems to me it happens at differernt times with different characters.

Certainly it was around at 3 major periods in the game (just after release, spring and late summer when I was levelling specific classes that ran with affected companions).

I'm actually struggling to remember when it was completely fixed in the Live environment.

Well not so "temporary" as this bug has been around more or less constantly since release now. :(

Also you'll have to retoggle once you do most anything.

Ah.. I see, interesting, but you're nerfing yourself pretty significantly by doing that.

Personally, I leave it off until I'm in an area that needs it. If I'm on fleet or using the speeder on a planet to get some where, it's off. Once I get to an area where I need to do a quest, I'll turn it back on. Again, this is annoying too, but in the very least I don't have to watch Kira skewer herself while I'm on fleet.

This has been a minor nuissance for a while now. What I really hope they fix (hopefully tomorrow) is the companion 'Match to Chest' function. I started playing the trooper last week and my companions all dress like clowns with their blue helmets and orange boots.

The funny thing about that is it worked fine when first put in, then they broke it with the next patch. The code base for this game is rapidly approaching the point of being completely unmaintainable, where every patch brings in more bugs than it fixes, until the game is just laying in pieces on the floor.

The funny thing about that is it worked fine when first put in, then they broke it with the next patch. The code base for this game is rapidly approaching the point of being completely unmaintainable, where every patch brings in more bugs than it fixes, until the game is just laying in pieces on the floor.

This happens with every MMORPG because these games are huge and there are literally millions and millions lines of code, naturally somewhere things tend to go wrong so the only funny thing here is you not being able to comprehend that.

The Cartel doublehanded lightsaber is also bugged with one of the blades disapearing half the time.

I'm actually glad to hear you post this since I wasn't sure why half my Shadow's new Cartel saberstaff kept vanishing. At least I know it's a bug others are experiencing.