What would EA/Bioware do with the old republic franchise when SWTOR dies?

Korton

No game is eternal, while this is not going to happen in the next few years there will come the time when they will stop supporting it. I am just wondering what do you guys think they would do next, more single player games, movies or something else? Or could they just abandon the franchise and work on new projects? The franchise itself has been quite successful so I really doubt it that they would just leave it like that.

I would personally love kotor 3 or something of this sort, as unlikely as it is you could never know.

I doubt this will die any time soon if so I am sure some other group would pick it up and continue with the story because this game has major potential with so many stories to venture out on xD

Also Kotor 3 was on the table but bioware decided to make swtor in its place.

Also Also the silly panda MMO will die off long before this game will die lmao.

I doubt this will die any time soon if so I am sure some other group would pick it up and continue with the story because this game has major potential with so many stories to venture out on xD

Yes I do agree SWTOR would exist quite a while but there will come time when Bioware would have to move and I am wondering what people think they would do, whether that is a new game, cancel the franchise or whatever.

Yes I do agree SWTOR would exist quite a while but there will come time when Bioware would have to move and I am wondering what people think they would do, whether that is a new game, cancel the franchise or whatever.

I'd say it's too early to start speculating about that, but "early" is not a strong enough word. It's only been a year.

Im guessing the killer of this MMO will be Disney. Not anytime soon, but at some point they may try to set up their own MMO and pull the plug on this one. Kinda like Lucasarts did to SWG. I still dont see it happening for a few years.... maybe after they finish the movies.

Im guessing the killer of this MMO will be Disney. Not anytime soon, but at some point they may try to set up their own MMO and pull the plug on this one. Kinda like Lucasarts did to SWG. I still dont see it happening for a few years.... maybe after they finish the movies.

Yes but KOTOR is a very successful and profitable franchise, surely they won't just move onto something new and leave it rot.

Yes but KOTOR is a very successful and profitable franchise, surely they won't just move onto something new and leave it rot.

Plenty of other successful IPs got left in the dust and it took some time till they were revived (Fallout, X-Com to just name two), some never were. Way to early to speculate I'd say.

Thats exactly what the swg players said.....

No game is eternal, while this is not going to happen in the next few years there will come the time when they will stop supporting it. I am just wondering what do you guys think they would do next, more single player games, movies or something else? Or could they just abandon the franchise and work on new projects? The franchise itself has been quite successful so I really doubt it that they would just leave it like that.

I would personally love kotor 3 or something of this sort, as unlikely as it is you could never know.

By the time eagames shut's down swtor they will already have fineshed off bioware for not making them enought money.

So long answer short:

Bioware will be death and eagames will continue to feed on game companies like the parasite they are.