Priority: Customer Service surveys

MasterKhan

This suggestion should be a priority for Bioware/EA, hell, any company, to implement. In fact, why they haven't already thought of and used this is beyond me.

Here's the issue. I've been a subscribed player since launch, even took part in the beta, and during all that time, I've submitted at least 30 bug reports ranging from in-game error messages that I've gotten, to graphics glitches that were quite significant, and even to lowly inconsistencies that were more a matter of minor confusion than an issue that detracted from the quality of the game. Of those bug reports, I've had more than a few that received an unsatisfactory response or were even closed without a response from Customer Service.

My latest bug report was of the "this is a minor issue that can cause confusion" type, but the response I got to it was incompetent to the point of being insulting. For whatever reason, the "protocol droid" that responded seemed to think that I was asking about a feature of the game and told me to go look at the tutorials like I was a newb. I've already ranted about this over in the Customer Service forum in a pre-existing complaint thread (it's a glorious rant, so go check it out), so I'm not going to rant here.

Anyways, my suggestion is that after each and every customer service ticket is closed, the player should be given an opportunity to rate the service that was recieved and, if the service was unsatisfactory, express why it was unsatisfactory. Also, now that I think of it, they really should stop with the practice of closing customer service tickets automatically after the first "droid" responds. Instead, they should leave the ticket open until the player has expressed satisfaction with the resolution or after X number of days has passed without a response from the player.

Many of the largest companies in the world, even those that outsource their customer service departments to countries that don't speak the native language of their customers, have the good sense to wait for the customer to say "My issue has been resolved, close the ticket". Hell, even Microsoft waits for the customer to be satisfied before closing the ticket. Also, many companies, both big and small, in both the retail and service industries, will follow up on a closed customer service event, be it actually providing the service or product the company is in business for or in providing assistance for one of their products, with a survey to ask if the customer was satisfied with the product or service that they received.

Again, why Bioware/EA doesn't do this is beyond me, but they really should. It'll go a long way to improving their customer service, and therefore reducing the number of complaints like mine.

They don't implement them because they already know that their customer service is atrocious and all they would get is a horde of 1 stars.

When I first dealt with customer service I was on the phone for 2 hours and ultimately they gave me fifty cartel coins to appease me after their mistake (which was charging EIGHTY.DOLLARS to my bank account by mistake). So after 2 hours on hold with them and dealing with my bank they gave me fifty cents to shut my mouth. A least they refunded the money.

I'm on the phone with CS right now, even the guy I'm talking to said this is a problem. He mentioned some automatic tool in regards to the forums and is looking into whats going on right now.

EDIT: I was told that these forums are managed by a web department and the best way to deal with this problem is to send an email to support@swtor.com detailing what happened and whats been happening all day long and their manager will handle things. At least its something so I'm gonna try that before deciding whether to unsub or not. On the plus side he said that we cannot be banned in game for anything on the forums, so time to unleash the Krakken.

Edited by phillynew

I'm on the phone with CS right now, even the guy I'm talking to said this is a problem. He mentioned some automatic tool in regards to the forums and is looking into whats going on right now.

EDIT: I was told that these forums are managed by a web department and the best way to deal with this problem is to send an email to support@swtor.com detailing what happened and whats been happening all day long and their manager will handle things. At least its something so I'm gonna try that before deciding whether to unsub or not. On the plus side he said that we cannot be banned in game for anything on the forums, so time to unleash the Krakken.

Here's the thing: the last ticket I submitted, and in fact almost all the tickets I've submitted, were via the in-game ticket submission tool. The only time I'd submit something to CS via these forums or their web-based submission tool is in the event that I can't get to my server (either from a server crash or log-in issues) or if I want to rant and complain about something that isn't meant for the in-game bug reporting system.