Disapearing HK parts

HumanPirhana

Okay so I logged into my sith inquisitor today, planning to complete False Emperor, the last thing I needed to do to acquire HK-47, when I look at the mission log and notice it says I still need the motivator and the regulator, the parts found on DK and Coruscant respectively. That can't be right I say to myself, I did those the other night, they were a pain in the arse, but I got them done. I check my inventory and lo and behold, no motivator, no regulator. WTH? I know to a metaphysical certainty that I did the required searching in the required places to acquire them. I checked my inventory after each part to ensure I'd properly recovered it. Now they're missing. Anyone else running up against this? Oh btw, I mailed both the excavator and the regulator to my inquisitor from my consular. I know I received them because the excavator is sitting right there in my inventory and anyway I subsequently used it searching for hte motivator on DK. Is anyone else experiencing disappearing HK parts or anythign else from their inventory?

Yes, I had to do the HK mission twice because of what you've noted. Sometimes, depending on how you are grouped in an area or FP, the gathering quest is bugged.

If you can't get the two parts again, reset the quest manually and start it again, or do it on another 50 if you have one. Either one works out eventually. It seems like a huge pain, but it's actually much faster the second time, as you know where to look.

That doesn't excuse the shoddy programming, but it is what it is. You will get HK eventually, you might have a bugged quest at the moment, though. Customer support will not help you with this, as they only intervene with class stories now.

I would also recommend gathering them in order, especially for the FPs. This bug is noted on Dulfy's guide in the comments section.

Okay I just went to DK and attempted to regather the motivator, and when I went to collect it, it told me I already have this item, even though the mission window says I don't and it doesn't show up anywhere in inventory. Srsly fubar.

Literally just had this problem... then released i have the head and arm in my inventory which contain the motivator and regulator respectively.