The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Returning Vanguard

Havvtor

hello everyone, i am a returning player that has been gone for along time. Before i left i was playing my Vanguard in the CP spec and sometimes iron fist. What i was wondering is, are there spec,s out there like CP or Iron fist anymore. and if not what are some of the Vanguard spec,s that are being used as of now. Edited by Havvtor

CP and IF are dead, CP got killed off with the Ionic Accelerator nerf, and IF got killed off with the Static Surge nerf. That being said, Shield/Tactics is a semi-passable hybrid, though basically now I know most people go with this 10/31/0 if you want to tank in PvP. Going farther up the tank tree isn't worth it anymore since without applicable pressure, you can't peel for your healers. Therefore, the remedy is to go up Tactics for the pressure part, while just using Ion Cell for the requisite tankiness. You can pick up Static Field instead of Intimidation in the tanking tree, it's preference largely.

Besides the faux-tank spec, most people either go full Tactics [8/31/2] or full Assault spec [7/6/28] or [4/6/31].

Edited by ezrafetch