The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tanking stats

cisme

I'm posting this to both the tanking and vanguard section as tanking seems to not get enough traffic and trooper won't have enough tanks.

I would like some criticism regarding my stats

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/0f2130cd-4fd7-4727-8f58-b99432bdfe83

Short version fully buffed:

Health: 23101

Damage reduction: 53.78%

Defense chance: 21.79

Shield chance: 60.58

Shield absorption: 61.31

That seems like normal stats for a vanguard but my issue is how random my stats are

I have:

2061 endurance

551 defense rating

835 shield rating

393 absorb rating

So I'm currently torn between having consistent stat percentages and having consistent numbers. To me it looks like I'm pretty far into the shield curve meaning I am not getting as much for each point as I would for other stats so I was wondering if I should be moving them into another area.

I am in no way saying that my set up is even anywhere close to be perfect, but this is what I have.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/793edd07-6f96-49ed-a931-8b4c09d59fb4

With such a low starting point like VG has for Defensive (5%), you would have to add a LOT of Defensive into get those kind of numbers, as you can see. If you are wanting to stack intentionally into Defensive, your number will be all over the place, where as if you stacked heavy into Shield/Absorb, it would look a little more level, with Defensive being a bit lower from where it is.

Shielding should be in EVERY Enhancement, so you should always have high Shielding number. It's Absorb/Defensive that share the same slot, and that's where your numbers look different.

Edited by Miallen

I am in no way saying that my set up is even anywhere close to be perfect, but this is what I have.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/793edd07-6f96-49ed-a931-8b4c09d59fb4

With such a low starting point like VG has for Defensive (5%), you would have to add a LOT of Defensive into get those kind of numbers, as you can see. If you are wanting to stack intentionally into Defensive, your number will be all over the place, where as if you stacked heavy into Shield/Absorb, it would look a little more level, with Defensive being a bit lower from where it is.

Shielding should be in EVERY Enhancement, so you should always have high Shielding number. It's Absorb/Defensive that share the same slot, and that's where your numbers look different.

The issue with having a balanced amount of absorb/ shield is that with buffs you will be 57 shield and 70 absorb which is not even. From what I can tell you want to have pretty much the same percentage because 60*60 is greater than 59*61

The issue with having a balanced amount of absorb/ shield is that with buffs you will be 57 shield and 70 absorb which is not even. From what I can tell you want to have pretty much the same percentage because 60*60 is greater than 59*61

Absorb is only dependant upon Shield, so in all honesty, it doesn't matter if the numbers are even, mainly because Shielding an attack has nothing to do with the amount of Absorb you have. Absorb is simply the amount of mitigation you get from shielding. Also, don't forget to look at the DR with your numbers, because even where I sit, the numbers are still closer to 57/65 when using my relic.

If you wanted to load Shield through the roof with all of your Augs, then you will have a better chance to shield attacks. Either way, this is the main Secondary stat in all of your Enhancements, so you can only increase it by so much as it will be in every single piece, and you could only change that slightly with the Augments you use.

With Absorb, this too can be stacked through the roof, however you are giving up some of your points out of Defensive to be able to do so, or replacing Augs to have more Absorb. Being the actual mitigation amount, this should always be stacked pretty high.