:::World PvP:::

DkSharktooth

Previous World PVP Problems:

If you allow players to gain valor and kill credit for weekly quests from killing each other, while not losing anything or having a penalty for dying, there will be massive valor and kill farming with no repercussions.

Warning- Radical Idea:

If players have something to lose from dying, they will not farm each other. This is star wars, there should be a war aspect to the game, there should be slaying of enemies, whether same faction or not. Unbind all equipment bindings. If a player is killed in open world pvp, while they are flagged for pvp, they should drop some of their items or all of their items on them as a reward to the player who killed them. Use Runescape wilderness pvp as a reference. I know it is a different game, but the pvp felt really very much like pvp and there was a depth aspect to the wilderness in which the further you went into it, the higher chance you wouldn't be able to escape fast enough or you will run into a big group of enemies to battle it out.

You don't have to lose all your items when you die, or even items in your inventory or your gold. Just have some sort of balance and visual ability for people to determine the value of what items you are wearing.

Grouping: There was a depth aspect to the wilderness in Runescape when I played it. This means that there is a borderline that you can cross to become flagged and unflagged for pvp. Most people close to the borderline will 1v1 duel, and you can even add an aspect to disable group pvp in this area until you get deeper in the wilderness. Add levels to this pvp area with different rules per level.

Please let me know what you think of my idea. I know SWTOR and Runescape are two different games but I feel that you can borrow the world pvp aspect of their game and apply it to SWTOR to make it amazing for the PVP community.

Edited by DkSharktooth

too much time spent getting the equipment to drop and lose that easily, all gear would need to be 10 a penny for this my friend.

Credits loss would be more likely but on pvp servers esp it will just mean people having to group well before going anywhere

too much time spent getting the equipment to drop and lose that easily, all gear would need to be 10 a penny for this my friend.

Credits loss would be more likely but on pvp servers esp it will just mean people having to group well before going anywhere

You don't have to lose all your items when you die, or even items in your inventory or your gold. Just have some sort of balance and visual ability for people to determine the value of what items you are wearing.

@ Grouping: There was a depth aspect to the wilderness in Runescape when I played it. This means that there is a borderline that you can cross to become flagged and unflagged for pvp. Most people close to the borderline will 1v1 duel, and you can even add an aspect to disable group pvp in this area until you get deeper in the wilderness. Add levels to this pvp area with different rules per level.

Edited by DkSharktooth

Love the aspect of something to lose.

I used to play Final Fantasy XI. Death was a penalty. It cost you 5-10% of max exp to next level. SWTOR - Dying in PVP is like an "oh well" time sink.

However, if one was to lose something, make Valor worth something to gain in the first place. R/WZC is the only way to get better PVP gear. I see valor is a title points exp system. Gives you a fancy title - that's all.

Second, balance is in order in DR to stop spawn camping.

I would make PVP worth something, say controlling something on a planet that the controlling faction would benefit from. (what Ilum was supposed to be). Not just farming lobbies for money from their gear.

Previous World PVP Problems:

If you allow players to gain valor and kill credit for weekly quests from killing each other, while not losing anything or having a penalty for dying, there will be massive valor and kill farming with no repercussions.

Warning- Radical Idea:

If players have something to lose from dying, they will not farm each other. This is star wars, there should be a war aspect to the game, there should be slaying of enemies, whether same faction or not. Unbind all equipment bindings. If a player is killed in open world pvp, while they are flagged for pvp, they should drop some of their items or all of their items on them as a reward to the player who killed them. Use Runescape wilderness pvp as a reference. I know it is a different game, but the pvp felt really very much like pvp and there was a depth aspect to the wilderness in which the further you went into it, the higher chance you wouldn't be able to escape fast enough or you will run into a big group of enemies to battle it out.

Grouping: There was a depth aspect to the wilderness in Runescape when I played it. This means that there is a borderline that you can cross to become flagged and unflagged for pvp. Most people close to the borderline will 1v1 duel, and you can even add an aspect to disable group pvp in this area until you get deeper in the wilderness. Add levels to this pvp area with different rules per level.

Please let me know what you think of my idea. I know SWTOR and Runescape are two different games but I feel that you can borrow the world pvp aspect of their game and apply it to SWTOR to make it amazing for the PVP community.

Awful, awful, awful idea.

eq1 had a pvp server which allowed the winner to loot one item or take all their gold. players had a macro to unequip everything so just before death you looted a naked toon with little money. the server limited each account to only one toon so you couldn't play both factions. it didn't work out well nor was popular.