Pre-Order Access...

Swagshady

When it was first stated that pre-orders were available, "wave" invites based on code claim dates was not mentioned.

Deluxe collectors edition hard copy preorders were supposed to get full 7 day early access, digital collectors edition codes purchased online were supposed to be 5 days early access and every other preorder was supposed to get 3 days early access.

When did this change and when was it communicated? I played through most of the beta and never seen the memo on this.

I don't expect to get in "right now!" But I do expect there to be clear and concise communication from BioWare about this. I did not pre-order until about three weeks ago. I wanted to get all of my other holiday shopping done first before I started spending money on myself. When I did preorder, I ordered the digital collectors edition to ensure that I would have my 5 day early access.

Now I find out that these "waves" that are going out are based on when your code was entered into the system (which wasn't communicated until recently). What gives? I paid $5 for 5 days early access, so I expect to see my invite on Thursday. If it doesn't come until Saturday, Sunday or even Monday then the extra money I paid to get in 5 days early as was originally communicated was wasted.

If this is the case, then I'd say I'll be requesting a $5 refund to be applied to my account. Otherwise what would have been the point in my preorder? To get a whole 14 hours early access for $5? Talk about a ripoff.....

I'm not really complaining here, just asking a question that I'd like to see a clear answer too. I know I'm probably getting ready to get hit with a flamebat, and that's okay. I'm just point out an inconsistency in the original plan that was not communicated very efficiently.

1) From the day pre-orders were made available the only information on Early Game Access was "up to 5 days" and that it was based on WHEN you registered your preorder. At no point anywhere did Bioware/EA release ANY statements saying that you get X # of days based on which copy you preordered.

2) The $5 you paid was a down payment, meaning you didn't spend extra. It goes towards the full purchase price of your game.

1) From the day pre-orders were made available the only information on Early Game Access was "up to 5 days"

That's incorrect. Back when pre-orders were first announced, there was no information at all about how long early access would be. Only that would be staged based on the order in which people placed their preorders. People seem to forget that when pre-orders became available, we didn't know when the launch date would be (not announced until September) or how long early access would be (not announced until October and then changed last week).

That's incorrect. Back when pre-orders were first announced, there was no information at all about how long early access would be. Only that would be staged based on the order in which people placed their preorders. People seem to forget that when pre-orders became available, we didn't know when the launch date would be (not announced until September) or how long early access would be (not announced until October and then changed last week).

Hmm... I would have sworn I remember hearing the upto 5 days bit back when I pre-ordered in August... Nevertheless, the information has been available since October at least and the OP indicated he pre-ordered last month so he had the official information available to him.

Edited by Zaelin

When it was first stated that pre-orders were available, "wave" invites based on code claim dates was not mentioned.

Deluxe collectors edition hard copy preorders were supposed to get full 7 day early access, digital collectors edition codes purchased online were supposed to be 5 days early access and every other preorder was supposed to get 3 days early access.

When did this change and when was it communicated? I played through most of the beta and never seen the memo on this.

I don't expect to get in "right now!" But I do expect there to be clear and concise communication from BioWare about this. I did not pre-order until about three weeks ago. I wanted to get all of my other holiday shopping done first before I started spending money on myself. When I did preorder, I ordered the digital collectors edition to ensure that I would have my 5 day early access.

Now I find out that these "waves" that are going out are based on when your code was entered into the system (which wasn't communicated until recently). What gives? I paid $5 for 5 days early access, so I expect to see my invite on Thursday. If it doesn't come until Saturday, Sunday or even Monday then the extra money I paid to get in 5 days early as was originally communicated was wasted.

If this is the case, then I'd say I'll be requesting a $5 refund to be applied to my account. Otherwise what would have been the point in my preorder? To get a whole 14 hours early access for $5? Talk about a ripoff.....

I'm not really complaining here, just asking a question that I'd like to see a clear answer too. I know I'm probably getting ready to get hit with a flamebat, and that's okay. I'm just point out an inconsistency in the original plan that was not communicated very efficiently.

You just made up a load of 'facts' to support your 'case', didn't you? Silly boy.

Edited by bigoldbear

I put in my code on 7/31 but pre-ordered first day. I ordered the CE but the code i got was no good and by the time i got a good code it was 7/31. Now im not ************ but I do feel anyone that put out $150.00 for a CE should be the first to get in. Now, Its not up to me so i wait and hope for the best.

I put in my code on 7/31 but pre-ordered first day. I ordered the CE but the code i got was no good and by the time i got a good code it was 7/31. Now im not ************ but I do feel anyone that put out $150.00 for a CE should be the first to get in. Now, Its not up to me so i wait and hope for the best.

One could argue that those that didn't get a CE are likely the majority, therefore should get priority as well.

Either way, it's silly. Nobody is entitled to anything based on what they paid. We're all customers, and we all matter. The first come first serve basis upsets less people, believe it or not.