The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Annoyance PVP spec

thamightyboro

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GMGrzMbRMZrsMRZb.2

thoughts ?

I enjoy being the biggest pain in the backside I can be in warzones and having good utility. Stopping door caps, guarding objectives, running or protecting the runner in huttball. Not fussed on damage numbers or 1v1 killing every man and his dog that's not my job is the way I see it I'm there to survive until others can get there or to protect the DPS guys.

I may or may not PVE time will tell.

Anything you guys would change ?

Edited by thamightyboro

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GMGrzMbRMZrsMRZb.2

thoughts ?

I enjoy being the biggest pain in the backside I can be in warzones and having good utility. Stopping door caps, guarding objectives, running or protecting the runner in huttball. Not fussed on damage numbers or 1v1 killing every man and his dog that's not my job is the way I see it I'm there to survive until others can get there or to protect the DPS guys.

I may or may not PVE time will tell.

Anything you guys would change ?

I would change everything about it. The only annoyance you'd give with the spec is to yourself. You've basically recreated the Iron Fist spec (which is out-dated and nonviable now), except without any of the good parts of it. There's a reason no one tries to run a pure utility spec - It's simply not as good as a Tank or DPS spec in any sense.

I have to agree with the above poster, if you want the utility to annoy people, I would suggest you run full AP with the Ion Cylinder. That way, you have an on demand slow with retractable blade with the proper talents, an AoE slow with the 3 stacks of the prototype flamethrower, an interrupt on a 6 second cooldown, guard, taunt, and Hydraulic Overrides.

I would change everything about it. The only annoyance you'd give with the spec is to yourself. You've basically recreated the Iron Fist spec (which is out-dated and nonviable now), except without any of the good parts of it. There's a reason no one tries to run a pure utility spec - It's simply not as good as a Tank or DPS spec in any sense.

Why go full tank spec for pvp though are those top 6 points not still totally utterly useless in PVP, I haven't played since I deleted my BH way back when Ilum v2 was a pile of horse dung and pvp guild called it a day. Got back into it about 6 weeks ago and grinded out a mando not doing a BH.

Playing around a bit with it as is and its not quite feeling right so may just end up going more towards a CP build or is that nerfed to hell and back now as well.

I have to agree with the above poster, if you want the utility to annoy people, I would suggest you run full AP with the Ion Cylinder. That way, you have an on demand slow with retractable blade with the proper talents, an AoE slow with the 3 stacks of the prototype flamethrower, an interrupt on a 6 second cooldown, guard, taunt, and Hydraulic Overrides.

I'll look into that cheers never really looked at it as way back when it always seemed the bastard child of the PT trees.

I understand what you mean, thamightyboro. Pyro has the great burst to kill everyone in PvP, and Shield Tech makes you feel pretty sturdy in PvE. I always thought I would try one or the other, but BW has been buffing and simplifying AP in the last couple of patches. I think they want to encourage diversity amongst the powertech/vanguard community. It still does not have the damage of pyro, but there seem to be more people on the forums talking about AP now that Pyro got nerfed and made more or less one dimensional.

I understand what you mean, thamightyboro. Pyro has the great burst to kill everyone in PvP, and Shield Tech makes you feel pretty sturdy in PvE. I always thought I would try one or the other, but BW has been buffing and simplifying AP in the last couple of patches. I think they want to encourage diversity amongst the powertech/vanguard community. It still does not have the damage of pyro, but there seem to be more people on the forums talking about AP now that Pyro got nerfed and made more or less one dimensional.

Trying it out now at level 33 and I have to say I'm loving it Hydraulics more than makes up for the loss of jet charge I don't really feel like I've lost anything and in the meantime gained a lot of DPS and a little bit more utility with the reduced timer on grapple and electro. I've lost count of the times already that the reduced grapple timer has saved a goal in huttball or got someone off a healer.

Why go full tank spec for pvp though are those top 6 points not still totally utterly useless in PVP...

I didn't say spec to the keystone for a tank in pvp - I simply said it would be better to run a tank spec or dps spec, rather than a pure utility. Please read more carefully in the future.