Auto LOG-OUT for AFK'eyers

Mascari

Hi There!

We all hate the waiting time in order to log on to servers. I can only assume that after today it's going to be even worse then it was so far. Yesterday I noticed something strange. I alt-TAB'ed and did something for over 45 mins and my char was still there logged in.

I belive that implementing login out for players that stay AFK for over let's say 15 mins would be in order. What do you think?

Hi There!

We all hate the waiting time in order to log on to servers. I can only assume that after today it's going to be even worse then it was so far. Yesterday I noticed something strange. I alt-TAB'ed and did something for over 45 mins and my char was still there logged in.

I belive that implementing login out for players that stay AFK for over let's say 15 mins would be in order. What do you think?

I think its a good idea

Hi There!

There already is an auto-logout timer. If you weren't subjected to it, you either macro'd/glitched it, or experienced a genuine bug.

i think its a bad idea , one pays , and he may want to stay afk who cares?

i got in in the monring and played a lot rlly a lot , then i went to eat smthing and so on , so left myself afk while doing that to avoid queues . And i should be logged off ? maybe i am waiting for a friend to log in , or a good trade offer , or a world boss to respawn , and so on . Its my own damn business . I can run around with afk tag like in wow ? i wish i could .

i think its a bad idea , one pays , and he may want to stay afk who cares?

i got in in the monring and played a lot rlly a lot , then i went to eat smthing and so on , so left myself afk while doing that to avoid queues . And i should be logged off ? maybe i am waiting for a friend to log in , or a good trade offer , or a world boss to respawn , and so on . Its my own damn business . I can run around with afk tag like in wow ? i wish i could .

Erm... it's not 'your own damn business'. The servers aren't yours and the rest of the player base aren't yours. We are EA's customers and they want to make the experience as enjoyable as possible for all of us. As such, selfish people who want to hog the connection while they clean the house will be logged off to make way for people who want to actually play.

When you finish a meal in a restaurant, you can't sit at the table and read a book; you need to move for people that want to eat.

Erm... it's not 'your own damn business'. The servers aren't yours and the rest of the player base aren't yours. We are EA's customers and they want to make the experience as enjoyable as possible for all of us. As such, selfish people who want to hog the connection while they clean the house will be logged off to make way for people who want to actually play.

When you finish a meal in a restaurant, you can't sit at the table and read a book; you need to move for people that want to eat.

I'm logged in right now but will not be playing for another hour or so. I've been logged in since 8am and am checking every 30 mins or so where I'm getting put back to the character screen. So I log back in to a character and come back 30 minutes later and repeat. If they reduce it to 15 minutes, I'll just go back to the computer every 15 minutes instead of every 30 minutes.

You can call it selfish, I call it forward planning.

We pay a monthly rent, you don't do that in a restaurant.

Sometimes I prefer to have the game open for guild chat while I go around the house fixing stuff. It is super anoying with this 'modern' afk-kicking.

I'm logged in right now but will not be playing for another hour or so. I've been logged in since 8am and am checking every 30 mins or so where I'm getting put back to the character screen. So I log back in to a character and come back 30 minutes later and repeat. If they reduce it to 15 minutes, I'll just go back to the computer every 15 minutes instead of every 30 minutes.

You will eventually have to log off and when you come back and you're waiting >1hr because of other 'forward planners', you won't be happy.

At the moment it's pretty much nessicary if you want to play on many servers.

Logging out can result in a 6+ hour queue to get back in, an infinate queue if you keep DCing.

We all pay to play, so we should be able to play as we like.

don't take it out on him for not getting in the server, but take it out on u know who if u can't play.

Not his fault or the next afk'er.

We should all be able to log in. (afking or playing or whatever u like to do in the game)

You will eventually have to log off and when you come back and you're waiting >1hr because of other 'forward planners', you won't be happy.

I can stay logged in all day if I wanted to, I'm not going out. I do have a daughter that needs to be taken care of which is why I can't play until her nap at around 11-11.30, hence why I'm keeping my place in the queue. Once she wakes up, I will not get to play until 7pm after she goes to bed. I will be queuing from around 4-5pm (depending on queues) and will be checking every 30 minutes to make sure I'm logged in again.

So, with forward planning, I am able to play at the times I want to. If there are others doing the same thing as me, good luck to them, I can't exactly complain when I am doing this myself.

I may agree on smthing .

1 if i go to a restaurant which is made for eating ONly like fast foods or duno self service or "i dont know the names english " where you eat only , then yes .

But if i go to a nice restaurant where i pay i can stay even after i finished eating and enjoy , the music or the company of people .

In some bars i watch soccer even if my beer is finished .

In some restaurants or bistro which even have tables outside i like reading .

2 The servers arent mine , so character isnt mine also . I pay and REND a server space from them . Its like internet , i pay 24/24 7/7 internet , i can use it 3 4 hours a day or keep downloading 24/24 it doesnt mean when i turn off pc i should have internet disable . I pay for it .

So i pay for my part of server space , i dont pay "to play" level and pvp , i pay to log in .and do what i want . Maybe i wana stay and chat ? or admire some panoramic . Its my own business it is you like it or not . Were not paying to play , were paying to do anything were allowed to and that is staying afk . The rest players have theyre cut of the space and they should have it of course , but no way theyre getting mine "WHEN I want it" or use it .

Selfish people ? i am a paying costumer and i want to hold of the conection what wrong with that ?

Actually play , thats youre call , maybe i dont wana play but still be logged in , why should i be kicked , those other "playing ppl" Arent more important or unique snowflakes .

We pay a monthly rent, you don't do that in a restaurant.

Sometimes I prefer to have the game open for guild chat while I go around the house fixing stuff. It is super anoying with this 'modern' afk-kicking.

Now we're arguing semantics. Most analogies don't stand up to close examination - you got the point.

The fact is afk kicking does exist and they aren't going to change that becuase a few people complain on the forums. It's super annoying that I can't park outside my house, but that's the way things are.

I was merely pointing out that keeping the login for hours to avoid the queues is selfish.

There is already an auto-afk logout timer. It's a little buggy though. For instance, you can be ATK crafting, but the system doesn't recognize you're clicking crafting-companion screens and will flag you as AFK. Sometimes it will log you out without warning... other times you may get a logout warning. Once logged out to character select screen you might be able to log back in right away... other times not so lucky and they put you into a queue right away.

Let's not push for a more harsh auto-afk timer... instead come up with solutions on how they can get rid of the queue or/and you people who just got in today.... how about roll on a less populated server. Plus, making people logout more frequently will not solve the queue problem... it will continue to add more people to it.

Edited by Koosiyh

character screen keeps you logged in on server and avoid's afk timer ? if its so i will do that .

Afk kick is stupid atleast i consider it that way ....

i know ppl from wow who had /played 360 days in 2 3 years , they have been logged in for so long 70 80% of the time afk so ? it was theyre choice i dont think its wrong .