The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

my vanguard

utting

Hi

Im playing a Lvl 20 vanguard and atm im leveling him through PvP class quests and the occasional FP..im tank spec atm and I try and get all gear with plenty of endurance and what not..

Im interested in playing a fps spec though and would like some advice..first off what spec would you recommend..and I'll do my best to get new dps gear but should I try and replace everything?? Or just the essential things like shield generator and relics

I'm assuming that you mean DPS (actually stands for Damage Per Second, but people mean "damage dealer" when they say it in this context). :)

I don't remember what the Trooper name for it is, but the tree which is furthest to the right is probably the one you want to spec into, it's easily the most popular out of the two DPS trees at the moment.

Don't worry too much about your gear when you are low level, it's not that important yet. When switching from tank to DPS while leveling I would just get a Generator offhand instead of the Shield, and the rest you can just keep swapping out naturally as you level up.

Whoa, Whoa wait up there lol Try doing a hybrid spec. Search "Taugrim's Iron Fist Spec swtor" to find a spec that is crazy good. They go up to the retractable knife on dps tree then up to charge on tanking and you have THE ultimate

Iron Fist is no longer a viable spec, dude. There were changes made to some key components about 6 months ago that made it pretty awful for pvp use. I think you may have missed that memo.

I'm not a big fan PT/VG hybrids. They always fall short in either damage or protection. People can say what they want, and they can brag about the times they were on a really bad teams, so they just happened to put up the largest numbers that round, but the fact of the matter is, climbing high in one tree is far superior.

It's also my opinion that PT/VG tanks are pretty awful in PVP compared to Guardians and Shadows. I actually refuse to run premades/RWZ with a PT/VG not running a full DPS spec. Shadows make far superior tanks, and any good competitive team will use them over a PT/VG tank. For the leap, a Guardian is way better, because they also get a knockback which can be used in combination to really great ends.