Time Frame between epi 3 and epi 4 epi 6

Fergz

To me it seems like Luke and Leia are about 18-21 years old in epi 4 and Obi Wan is in his seventies, but in epi 3 Obi wan seems like he is in his 30s early 40s at most, and Anakin is in his 20s in epi 3 but when we see him without his helmet in he looks like he is in his sixties.

So how old are they all supposed to be ?

Luke and Leia are around 19 and Obi-wan is 57 in episode 4 which makes him about 38 in episode 3

as far as Anakin looking older when his mask was removed... well the guy was dumped in lava then wore a sealed mask for a few decades doubt that helped him keep a youthful appearance... he should have moisturized more I guess

Edited by Liquidacid

Ep iii 19bby

ep iv 0bby

ep v 3aby

ep vi 4aby

Obi Wan was 57 when he died. Anakin was 45 when he died.

That makes sense.

Obi-wan picked Anakin up in his twenties, I remember in some of the TCW Books stating he was fairly young when he got a padawan.

Shaw was 79 when he played the old Anakin.

and when he was cast Lucas had no intention of ever doing any more movies nor had he a solid timeline for when those movies would take place... but as I said he was dumped in lava and in a body suit as an "in-universe" excuse for the discrepancy in the ages of the casting decisions... not really odd since a lot of movies and shows cast people in their 20s to 30s to play high school kids and the like... the age of the actor has pretty much nothing to do with the age of the character in most works... lol

Luke and Leia are around 19 and Obi-wan is 57 in episode 4 which makes him about 38 in episode 3

as far as Anakin looking older when his mask was removed... well the guy was dumped in lava then wore a sealed mask for a few decades doubt that helped him keep a youthful appearance... he should have moisturized more I guess

That's a haggard looking 57 and who knew lava doubled your age