Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Remove Failstar

Feeblezak

As I do PvP for the fun of fighting other players/teams (shock horror), I like Voidstar as it forces you to do so, both in defence and attack - much more preferable to a WZ that depends on you avoiding fighting and Knocking back/Pulling people into death traps. when combined with the Multi-stun environment and the relatively innefffective anti-stun system.

fighting other players?

best voidstar tactic these days have an shadow sit off to 1 side not even fight when whole team dies on that side and they go to cap door he unstealths and stops cap only has to survive long enough for respawn which isn't that long and then vanishes again and hides off to the side rinse repeat. Against a good shadow u aint going to cap that door. when i first started playing was my favorite map as i became more experienced and the change they made to it e.g the new wall at door 1 i have absolutely hated the map. In a normal game a premade on vent will win 90% of time due to that first wall but hey the same can b said about huttball when it comes to vented up players and premades.

If both teams make it to the same point, the team that got there faster wins. Seems logical enough to me.

That is not how it works though, unless they've recently changed it.

Like i stated it before Team 1 is attacking first and get the first door and bridge in roughly a min. and is stopped dead at the second door.

Team 2 is now attacking and it takes the 8 mins to drop the bridge and Team 2 wins.

It is not who gets to the bridge quickest, the team on defense first always has the advantage.

If it was working the way you said it the game should have had a time limit of 1 min... which it doesnt

That is not how it works though, unless they've recently changed it.

Like i stated it before Team 1 is attacking first and get the first door and bridge in roughly a min. and is stopped dead at the second door.

Team 2 is now attacking and it takes the 8 mins to drop the bridge and Team 2 wins.

It is not who gets to the bridge quickest, the team on defense first always has the advantage.

If it was working the way you said it the game should have had a time limit of 1 min... which it doesnt

The way that it works without bugs (which have all been fixed at this point that I'm aware of), is that the team that makes it the farthest wins. So in your example, the game didn't end because they may take longer to get the bridge down, but could still get the next door and win. If both teams only reach the same point, then the team that capped that point faster wins. The only time the second round is shorter is if the first team reaches the datacore, in which case the second team cannot get farther than the first team and must get the datacore faster.

Voidstar has by far the most thought and strategy that goes into it from a rated pvp standpoint, when you're playing with pugs in a normal wz, then you have to bear down and understand that by not queuing with 3 or perhaps 7 of your friends you'll have to deal with bad/less serious players.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.