The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Series: Prince Xizor vs Tyber Zann

Beniboybling

:i_evil:Guri!

Things just got a lot more interesting. Not only would Guri help Xizor keep his funds in check (and potencially gain back that lost Bribing power, with her help) but she would also be the perfect assassin to take out Zann!

IMO this Kaggath will end with a successful assassination.

I think Guri just might make that happen.

However, with Urai Fen in the picture, it might get a little more complicated. Would she be a match for him? I like to think so. Him AND Zann? Maybe not. Only Zann? For sure.

Guri attacks Zann while Urai Fen is away? Win for Prince Xizor.

Edited by Warren-Stride

:i_evil:Guri!

Things just got a lot more interesting. Not only would Guri help Xizor keep his funds in check (and potencially gain back that lost Bribing power, with her help) but she would also be the perfect assassin to take out Zann!

IMO this Kaggath will end with a successful assassination.

I think Guri just might make that happen.

However, with Urai Fen in the picture, it might get a little more complicated. Would she be a match for him? I like to think so. Him AND Zann? Maybe not. Only Zann? For sure.

Guri attacks Zann while Urai Fen is away? Win for Prince Xizor.

That's actually a good point, but I don't see Urai leaving unless absolutely necessary. But with Guri entering the equation, Xizor's chances go up exponentially. I'd say that, with Guri, Xizor could very well win this.

I don't like senarios, seeing as they're not super constructive to a debate... but what if:

First, Xizor's palace would be destroyed from the ge-go. Working just as fast, however, Xizor's information network locates Urai Fen's homeworld, and the prince attacks it with Black Sun forces. Urai (having a strong moral sense) would return home with the Consortium's army to defeat Xizor's forces. Guri would then infiltrate Zann's base, be it a ship or otherwise, once again using Xizor's ties with the underworld and possible bribing of one of Zann's captains. Guri would be the boss assassin woam-droid she is and confront Zann, killing him and then, quite possibly, being destroyed in her escape.

So.... senario..... that's what I think would happen.

Win Prince Xizor...?

I don't like senarios, seeing as they're not super constructive to a debate... but what if:

First, Xizor's palace would be destroyed from the ge-go. Working just as fast, however, Xizor's information network locates Urai Fen's homeworld, and the prince attacks it with Black Sun forces. Urai (having a strong moral sense) would return home with the Consortium's army to defeat Xizor's forces. Guri would then infiltrate Zann's base, be it a ship or otherwise, once again using Xizor's ties with the underworld and possible bribing of one of Zann's captains. Guri would be the boss assassin woam-droid she is and confront Zann, killing him and then, quite possibly, being destroyed in her escape.

So.... senario..... that's what I think would happen.

Win Prince Xizor...?

That seems to be a definate possiblity.

Zann also has the ability to bribe his enemies. And considering the Black Sun are people interested in money I have no doubt that Zann can persuade the Black Sun's forces to change their allegiance. After all, "Everyone has a price." :jawa_tongue:

While they are interested in money, it's not very likely they can be bribed... Read Shadows of the Empire sometime, to accept a bribe is basically equivalent to signing your death warrent in Black Sun.

I am really really starting to enjoy these ‘Kaggath vs Series’, keep them coming :D

As for who would win, I know very little about both of them but from reading what other people have written I would say that Prince Xizor has the upper hand in this one.

Btw, glad to know that Malgus won the last one :D

Well, if the Empire doesn't exist, I may have taken out my own argument.

If the Empire is not on Coruscant, Zann would almost certainly bomb it and blow Xizor's Palace to bits. Althought that would not kill The Balck Sun, or probably Xizor, here's the tie-in:

If a symbol of Xizor's power and wealth (a palace rivaling that of the Emporer's... which apparently doesn't exist now anyways, so I guess Xizor's would be THE grandest palace on all of Corusacnt) was destroyed, that would probably get Zann's forces excited. They would be less likely to join Xizor after the physical embodiment of his wealth was destroyed. Therefor the militaries would stay about the same.

So, in short: No Empire = No defense (Xizor) ---> Zann + Big Ships = Destruction (Xizor) ----> Loss of Bribing Power (Xizor)

Not so, one does not simply bombard one's opponents headquarters. First of all, Xizor's palace probably has some sort of shield generator, and its got durasteel plating anyway. So I doubt an orbital bombardment would do the trick. Secondly, Zann's gotta hike his fleet over to Coruscant first, and due to Xizor's massive intelligence/spy network, he would know he is coming. So all Xizor has to do is arrange an ambush, and blow Zann's ships out of the sky. And if Zann decided to come and watch the fireworks - he would be blown to pieces. And even if Zann does destroy Xizor's base - he's still got his skyhook the Falleen's Fist to command from.

What' s more, the destruction of Xizor's palace wouldn't take away his bargaining power. While it may be a demoralizing blow, if someone offers you a million credits in exchange for your loyalty, your going to take it whether the guy's got a palace or not. Yes though, it would gain support for Zann. But in all likelihood, unless Zann infiltrated it covertly the palace would probably remain intact.

I am really really starting to enjoy these ‘Kaggath vs Series’, keep them coming :D

Good to know everyone's having fun! I've got three more lined up after this one. Suggestions are welcome!

Edited by Beniboybling

As for who would win, I know very little about both of them but from reading what other people have written I would say that Prince Xizor has the upper hand in this one.

Btw, glad to know that Malgus won the last one :D

Same goes for me! These are very interesting threads!

Looking forward to Revan's Kagggath....

• 1 year later...

Okay I know this thread hasn't been posted on for a long time. However I would like to ask if I may add something on Zann's behalf, just in case. (He is my personal favorite, and I have done a lot of studying. I have also done studying on Xizor, as they are bitter enemies, so I have seen that both were very powerful. I am not biased..... okay maybe a little...... okay I love one way more than the other, however I can defend either with pretty good chances.)

So I simply want to ask if this thread is still open for discussion, and if so may I put my two-cents in for consideration?

Edited by MdLogan

Sorry that I am taking awhile. I just want to try and complete the argument and the set up for it. (I have a Microsoft Word that I am working through to adjust it so as to make sure it is air tight as possible.) Edited by MdLogan

Okay so I am going to put this out just to start. (I have a huge eloquent set up argument to and for both sides but I am leaving that for a later point because it is very long and somewhat dull to tell truth.)

So here it goes just for Tyber Zann. His first advantage is that he has a military training, also he has often had to fight to make his criminal organizations survive, meaning that he would be more prepared for a Kaggath than Xizor would be. Tyber's power base was built through hardship leading to the fact that if the Black Sun were to gain the upper hand in a military or criminal view Tyber would be used it and is in someways even prepared for it.

Xizor has a larger network, mostly because he is a good leader and has a crime syndicate which has been around for an incredibly long time in comparison to the Zann Consortium. However he would not react as well as the Consortium would if if were to loose power. Xizor was born very wealthy, so much so that he could pay to have a building (a skyscraper to be specific in the presidential district of Coruscant) demolished to create his own palace which was larger many of the surrounding buildings. While he was one of the most important leaders of the Black Sun, he was not as well trained for the life of a Crime Lord, which at points can be opulent and at other times can be very stressful.

So for this first reason Tyber does have an advantage.

Okay so there is the first, anyone see a flaw in my argument. I would love to hear if there is anything wrong with it so don't be shy. Don't worry I won't bite :p

Edited by MdLogan