Cartel Shop needs to be re-worked for subscribers.

ObiJuanShenobi

Just want to throw my opinion out there for constructive discussion.

In my opinion, they really need to make the Cartel Store for F2P'ers only and have a separate Subscriber's Vendor that has the same things on it. Through this vendor, though, the currency for these items should be paid for with credits or commendations that can be grinded out in-game via dailies or whatever. This "wait a month til you get your next cartel coin gift" things is absurd. I'm a subscriber. I shouldn't have to wait to be given comms once every 30 days and I shouldn't have to fork over any additional money with my credit card to get more of them. Subscribers should have access to any new gear or toys paid for by in-game work. And no, grabbing the items off the GTN for 10x the worth is not the answer. :)

The reason why you can't pay with creds is due to the fact that no profit will be made. Technically BW/EA will lose more money that way because one is paying with fake currency.

If that wasn't the case then I'd be for what you suggest.

The items on the Cartel Store can be sold on the GTN to other players. If the items could be purchased (by subscribers) with credits or other in game currency, then it would bypass the purpose of the Cartel Market: to make real money.

Would you take your suggestion in lieu of the 500 CC you get every month as a subscriber?

Just want to throw my opinion out there for constructive discussion.

In my opinion, they really need to make the Cartel Store for F2P'ers only and have a separate Subscriber's Vendor that has the same things on it. Through this vendor, though, the currency for these items should be paid for with credits or commendations that can be grinded out in-game via dailies or whatever. This "wait a month til you get your next cartel coin gift" things is absurd. I'm a subscriber. I shouldn't have to wait to be given comms once every 30 days and I shouldn't have to fork over any additional money with my credit card to get more of them. Subscribers should have access to any new gear or toys paid for by in-game work. And no, grabbing the items off the GTN for 10x the worth is not the answer. :)

I understand your point of view but from a code base and business process standpoint it drives major complexity. The added cost is not worth the added complexity. It also apparent the cartel store is to make money from subs and free players.

And no, grabbing the items off the GTN for 10x the worth is not the answer. :)

10x worth?

I've found the stuff on the GTN to be way cheaper than I expected. I spent 10,000 CC on packs, and all I got was a monkey lizard and the single-blade lightsaber. Since then I've opted not to spend more on packs, but buy the things I want from the GTN. I bought double-sided lightsaber for 200k,pistol for 250k, and rifle for 150k. That is ridiculously cheap! There's a lot of junk "rares" in the packs that won't even get you 25k.