Paid transfers?

ISDcaptain

I dont see why I should have to pay to transfer my toons. How is it my fault I was given a server that died at launch and was then merged with a server that still had population issues. I rolled some toons on another server that seemed to be doing well just for its population to slowly move to another server. Im now on my 3rd start on PoT5 and believe I should be allowed to have my other toons brought to this server for free. I am a paid subscriber and did work to build a legacy...shouldn't Bioware say "thanks for continuing to pay...we'll take care of you"?

I dont see why I should have to pay to transfer my toons. How is it my fault I was given a server that died at launch and was then merged with a server that still had population issues. I rolled some toons on another server that seemed to be doing well just for its population to slowly move to another server. Im now on my 3rd start on PoT5 and believe I should be allowed to have my other toons brought to this server for free. I am a paid subscriber and did work to build a legacy...shouldn't Bioware say "thanks for continuing to pay...we'll take care of you"?

You shouldnt have to. MMOs like Rift have seamless, almost instant transfer and they allow you to do it once every 7 days for free. EA is greedy though.

Edited by Soluss

actualy it didnt die at launch but when they pushed an unpopular patch on us and also due to bugs and a broken patch system at the time.

actualy its EA's marketing team that makes the call on what to charge for.

Im talking technically they dont have the talent to figure out how to do it. If you were in beta then you would understand why I believe that. Ill try to explain a little bit and this is just one example.

In beta, they tried to implement a server where you could get a high level character and test the high level content. Alot of the stages of beta, characters got wiped before the next stage. There werent enough people that leveled high enough between stages to test that content. So thats why they tried to make this high level server. Problem is, they couldnt get it to work.

You were suppose to be able to log in and be given a high level character. Most people never got their character. Alot of people that did get their character had no gear, no money, no skills or a mix of that. It effectively made the character so gimp that you couldnt play it. You got stomped without having gear or skills or money to purchase them. They tried to fix this for about 3 or 4 phases (roughly 6 months time) but they couldnt.

That kind of thing is grade school stuff when it comes to MMOs. So, I am not surprised by all the crappy coding and enormous amount of bugs that happen in this game. Im also not surprised it takes them so long to build content and that that content is broken. I really dont think these developers are skilled enough for this project. It might even be the engine itself is so shoddy and not designed to work with what they are trying to do. Either way.... its bad.

Edited by Soluss

Im talking technically they dont have the talent to figure out how to do it. If you were in beta then you would understand why I believe that. Ill try to explain a little bit and this is just one example.

In beta, they tried to implement a server where you could get a high level character and test the high level content. Alot of the stages of beta, characters got wiped before the next stage. There werent enough people that leveled high enough between stages to test that content. So thats why they tried to make this high level server. Problem is, they couldnt get it to work.

You were suppose to be able to log in and be given a high level character. Most people never got their character. Alot of people that did get their character had no gear, no money, no skills or a mix of that. It effectively made the character so gimp that you couldnt play it. You got stomped without having gear or skills or money to purchase them. They tried to fix this for about 3 or 4 phases (roughly 6 months time) but they couldnt.

That kind of thing is grade school stuff when it comes to MMOs. So, I am not surprised by all the crappy coding and enormous amount of bugs that happen in this game. Im also not surprised it takes them so long to build content and that that content is broken. I really dont think these developers are skilled enough for this project. It might even be the engine itself is so shoddy and not designed to work with what they are trying to do. Either way.... its bad.

I was in the beta. My squad was one of the squads generaly ignored by BWA when we gave feedback and reported bugs.