Bought an ultimage gaming rig, and game is still laggy!

ZeusThunder

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you know I'm not lying, here are my specs. This was bought from Bestbuy and even setup by a Geeksquad computer expert:

- 24" Viewsonic flatscreen monitor

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- Memory with 12 gigabytes of ram power

- One TERABYTE Hard Drive

- BluRay player

- Foxconn power supply with 400 wattage

- Sound Blaster sound card

- GE Force GT 520 video card

So after getting a $1500 gaming computer ($2100 after signing up for the extended warranty and 2 years of Geeksquad protection) the Star Wars game is STILL laggy! Not only that, but it can take up to 40 minutes just to log in if I do it after getting home from work.

I've verified with the Bestbuy salesperson that this computer should speed up my game, and if it's not then it's Star Wars' fault.

Nice job Star Wars, you fail at making an MMO.

You've been had. The only fail here is that you got Best Buy to build you an 'ultimate gaming rig' and they have built you a sub-par system and sold it to you for the price of an ultimate gaming rig.

You've been totally and utterly ripped off.

Just so you know I'm not lying, here are my specs. This was bought from Bestbuy and even setup by a Geeksquad computer expert:

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- BluRay player

So after getting a $1500 gaming computer ($2100 after signing up for the extended warranty and 2 years of Geeksquad protection) the Star Wars game is STILL laggy! Not only that, but it can take up to 40 minutes just to log in if I do it after getting home from work.

I've verified with the Bestbuy salesperson that this computer should speed up my game, and if it's not then it's Star Wars' fault.

You got trolled hard. That's a $500 computer, and certainly not even close to an "ultimate gaming rig". You could have gotten something with 4-5 times the power for $2100.

It annoys me no end when these so called 'experts' who are just dumb kids that know nothing about computers lure in an unsuspecting customer and charge them through the roof for something that's a pile of crap.

I don't get annoyed by them, if they were good with computers they wouldn't be in high street retail, as those shops will never be able to afford people with good skills, and anyone there with good skills should be looking for a better job for much more salary.

Don't listen to the people that have their heads in Bioware's ***, that should run the game perfectly and is a good system it's the game's fault.

I guess I wasn't saying "ouch" to how his computer would handle the game... saying "ouch" more to the fact that he was told he was buying an "ultimate gaming rig"

I must say it's sad that someone gave OP the impression that this is a gaming rig, as already mentioned the GFX card and psu is under powered.

I would go back with this and demanded them to take back the psu and gfx and upgrade those to the real thing.

Maybe next time if your unsure what rig to buy for a game, go ask the game forum what they think you need.

I'm sure there is many wanna be geeks that really don't know what they are doing and ripping of customer that think they are talking with experts.

Edited by dinotype

This was bought from Bestbuy and even setup by a Geeksquad computer expert

Problem #1 and #2.

T- Foxconn power supply with 400 wattage

Are you serious.. ? 400W PSU... ? Wow. Please, return your computer immediately.. get that money wasted back, do some research, and build your own real gaming computer.. or have somebody you know do it. And somebody you know is not Geek Squad.

Actually, after reading your entire post.. I've determined that you are a troll. 40 minutes to log in? Of course it takes 40 minutes.. that's called being in a queue and has nothing to do with your computer and has everything to do with people logging into the game.

Maybe this all has been addressed already but I'm not going to read through all these posts.

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- BluRay player

I like how you cap locked the terabyte Harddrive. I find that people who make an issue and point out the size of the hard drive to show off how good a computer is tend to have very limited experince/knowledge in the technical side of computers. I am sure that is not a Solid State HD too.

Anyways... I don't want to just jump in and laugh at you like others do, because there is no need to be like that.

It's not a bad set up you have, it is just not as good as it was probably made out to be.

Remember things like the mouse, the size of the monitor you play on etc have no effect on how the game will run. What really matters is the 'engine' of your computer.

All the harddrive is, is simply a place to save files. It is a big memory card.

The main things you want to look at is the Processor|RAM|Graphics Card

Your Processor should do just fine for this game, and the RAM is great. Your graphics card I am not too sure on I would have to look that up.

If you want to attempt a solution to fixing the lag, try turning off the shadows in the settings :D

dude you got RIPPED!! i build computer for a living and we have what i think it a extreme mark-up and that system would cost you about $700-800. o and upgrade that PSU it foxconn PSUs are crap get a antec or something like that and with that system you should have like a min of a 650(i am assuming that you have a i5 or i7 because that is the only way to explain the cost.