Corso Riggs - no conversation options

Uzmu

As the title says - iv'e got Corso at 6k + affection and the last time we talked was on Coruscant ( i am level 32 now).

There is no quest item over his head - not in the ship, not in a cantina.

IS this normal or am i to contact a GM and post a ticket?

There should be quite a few options if I'm not mistaken, I'm at around 5k myself and he gave me 2 quests so far, and a lot of conversations. It could be a bug, and I'm actually afraid I have the same problem with Risha atm, also over 5k but last conversation was at around 4, and she had the chat on the starship icon a while back, but it dissapeared without me doing the conversation. So yeah might wanna write a ticket!

Do you guys have some suggestions for where you should be affection-wise at lvl 20 with your companions. In my other bioware games I have often rushed the romances, which just left me with a mute LI for the last bit of the game. So now I'm really cautious with giving out gifts, I don't want to end up having a mute Corso for the last 5 lvls or something.

Anyone who has done the romance, what would you say about rate of affection gain and story progression.

It isn't related only to your affection, sometimes it's related to story.

For example, as JK you can talk to Kira only after you completed Chapter 1, no matter what is your affection with her.

Edited by Zorpen

It isn't related only to your affection, sometimes it's related to story.

For example, as JK you can talk to Kira only after you completed Chapter 1, no matter what is your affection with her.

Thanks, I guess Corso can get something then =) wouldn't want him to feel left out when the rest of them are getting gifts.

Im having the same problem =( Im at almost 8k affection at level 30 and the last time I heard from Corso was when we went looking for his Cousin in Coruscant.... Occassionally his "speak to me in private" icon appears, but he doesnt respond on a ship or in cantina. Also Risha constantly has a triangle over her like she has a quest to give but when you talk to her...nothing D:

Im having the same problem =( Im at almost 8k affection at level 30 and the last time I heard from Corso was when we went looking for his Cousin in Coruscant.... Occassionally his "speak to me in private" icon appears, but he doesnt respond on a ship or in cantina. Also Risha constantly has a triangle over her like she has a quest to give but when you talk to her...nothing D:

Ouch.... that's no fun! Is that something you send in a ticket about?

Same thing with Corse over here. Lat quest I did was his romance quest....well needless to say, he must just be a jerk.. lol

I have seen the icon he wants to speak with me on the ship several times. The first few times I went to the ship and nothing...I started ignoring it. When I see it I click on him. I noticed when the icon was up, and he really wants to speak with me, he will voice it when clicked "Captain, when you get a moment I have something on my mind". Now when I see the icon he says "right behind you" etc.. Then it will just disappear.

I hope I am not missing any quests, the companion quests are great. Loved the history lesson from Corso. He's just a little farm boy.

I hope they fix it soon as well.

Hey, all :) If the issue you're having is the same one I had all of beta, I have good news... it's not bugged! I got frustrated and ragequit when I was in beta, but found out later that all I had to do was finish Chapter One and get a little bit into Chapter Two (a couple class quests in) and TADA! six quests sitting and waiting for me. I had Corso at max AP by level 35 in beta and have done it again this time around. It worked the same way both times. Hope this helps!

Also, the quests stop coming after the

kiss

which signals the end of the Chapter One romance arc. If that's where you left off, just do some class quests. :)

Edited by rrracheljoy

Hey, all :) If the issue you're having is the same one I had all of beta, I have good news... it's not bugged! I got frustrated and ragequit when I was in beta, but found out later that all I had to do was finish Chapter One and get a little bit into Chapter Two (a couple class quests in) and TADA! six quests sitting and waiting for me. I had Corso at max AP by level 35 in beta and have done it again this time around. It worked the same way both times. Hope this helps!

kiss

which signals the end of the Chapter One romance arc. If that's where you left off, just do some class quests. :)

Thank you for this. There is hope I will speak to Corso again. haha!

I just finished The Lightspring so maybe he will be speaking to me soon. :)

Thank you for this. There is hope I will speak to Corso again. haha!

I just finished The Lightspring so maybe he will be speaking to me soon. :)

Yup! Stay tuned! But keep in mind that because you got so much AP so fast, you may not be a high enough level yet to finish his next companion quest (this is my current and former frustration, as well).

Also, someone mentioned the bug earlier about the icon showing up that he would like to speak on your ship. That IS a bug. It's a fakeout. :( The only way to know for sure is to right-click him and listen for the "When you have a moment..." dialogue.

The Risha quest bug is also a legit bug, but shouldn't hinder your progression. You can still receive quests from and return quests to her. The triangle just never goes away. =/

• 3 weeks later...

kiss

Yes! Thank you! I was just looking into this, thinking it was a bug. I'm glad it's not! (:

I put in a ticket yesterday, no reply as of yet. I hope they fix it soon!

You aren't high enough level or far enough along in the story. Risha also will sometimes have a quest marker because you will need to talk to her for the next leg of your class quest, but since you aren't at the planet yet she won't talk to you. Just keep going eventually they will both talk to you.

He WILL give you a level 45 quest when you are level 35. Just so you are warned.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. )

Does anybody know what level should have the character to receive date-conversation with Corso?

Because I've finished Alderaan. I'm at 28 lvl, but after 'Old days' conversation I had only cousin quest. =(

Affection is above 5k.

Thank you.

Edited by SoulArte

kiss

Not sure about this, I'm half way through Hoth and the last time I heard from CR was during his cousin quest on Corusant.

I just wish they had tied it to affection and not tried to tie it to the dam story line quest too.

I just wish they had tied it to affection and not tried to tie it to the dam story line quest too.

i'm actually glad they did, because who wants to be level 15 and already gone through all of Corso's dialogue? there would be not much to look forward to as far as spending some down time with your crew if you rush it.

He WILL give you a level 45 quest when you are level 35. Just so you are warned.

And then after you complete that quest, you will get about 4 conversations in a row and that will be it for the rest of the game.

The system needs to be improved, in my opinion.

Do you guys have some suggestions for where you should be affection-wise at lvl 20 with your companions. In my other bioware games I have often rushed the romances, which just left me with a mute LI for the last bit of the game. So now I'm really cautious with giving out gifts, I don't want to end up having a mute Corso for the last 5 lvls or something.

Anyone who has done the romance, what would you say about rate of affection gain and story progression.

Okay :)

Corso's last quest wheer you actually have to do any killing is a level 45 quest where you have to down a 45 elite.

At that point, if your affection is 9k+ you can finish out the romance line. So if you want to stretch it out, do the ONE that comes right after you kill that elite, and then try as hard as you can to ignore that quest symbol above his head until 47-48 or so.

This seems to be an issue with all classes and early companions. I had similar issues with Mako on my BH. At around level 20, I received a quest from her that was marked level 30. I didn't attempt it until around 28 and then once completed, still didn't get any more conversations with her until I completed Ch. 1 and had started into Ch. 2. At that point a massive queue of dialogs opened with her and I went through something like 6 quests in about 10 minutes and then hit another quest that was about 8 levels ahead of me.

They really need to work on the pacing of how the dialogs are opened, since it appears to be randomly tied to 3 different progression stats(level, story and affection) which creates some really unnatural dialog progression. I think they should have either made it largely dependent on your level(E.G. something like 1 dialog per level), had affection as a purely secondary gateway and have story only be required as a tertiary gateway if it wouldn't make sense for something to happen in the companion story before your main story.

The other option would be to remove all story/level requirements and just make it based on affection and make the quests trivial in regards to level requirements. Since the intended goal seems to have been to spread companion progression out over the entire leveling process, I think the first option would have been much more inline with that.