Too many people, not enough servers

Baconis

10 Mbit boils down to 1.25mb/sec tops, commonly you can deduct 30% off of it on what you're actually getting most of the time, so that's roughly 900kb/sec. That doesn't leave much for online gaming, in particular not if combined with VoIP applications, if in a shared household, etc.

Additionally, you make no mention of which router you have, which modem you have and if there's any indication in your own home network of packet dropping going on.

In other words, chances are high it's still your own network setup or ISP at hand. After all, 10 Mbit is far from high-end when in more and more regions 100 Mbit is becoming standard and 1 Gbit connections are becoming a possibility for some.

On top of that, you may also be suffering from HDD lag. If your harddrive is having issues reading up smaller file snippets, difficulty writing away in logging, etc due to a lack of speed, this may give minor stuttering as well.

Wow, those were my thoughts exactly. I have a 4Mbyte connection, but constantly get over 2mb/s. Also, the Video card is good, but it's not great. I've also had bad experiences with 2 of nVidia's cards last year, so I wont be recommending any of them anytime soon. They seem to have a big issue with Windows 7 that appears on a large amount of their product.

my specs

Cuisinart CPT-180

stainless housing with polished chrome and black accents

Two 6-setting browning dials

dual reheat

defrost and bagel buttons

LED indicators

4 Wide toasting slots

and I get absolutely no lag what so ever in any form

no wonder. you have 4 wide toasting slots those are usually for government security pc's. don't know how you got your hands on them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.