Theorycrafting: Guardian Leap Self-Heal from PVP Set Bonus in PVE

Magnalorian

I'm currently playing a hybrid tank Guardian in full Campaign level gear. I actively perform well in ops, and although AOE threat isn't one of a Guardian's strongsuits, I make use of Guardian leap quite effectively to help me manage. I was going through the PVP armor set bonuses and noticed that the first Vindicator set bonus gives the following:

Intercede or Guardian Leap heals you for 8% of your total health.

As we all know, Guardians, unlike other tanks, lack a self-heal (one that doesn't drop aggro anyway). With about 25000 HP this set bonus would give a Guardian a self-heal for around 2000 HP, not to mention protecting and dropping the threat of an ally. Additionally, if Enure and/or a Medpac are popped giving us a temporary max health increase, this set bonus has the potential to heal anywhere from 2500 to 3000 HP. As I am already at ~26k health myself and hit the ideal 27/50/50 goals for defensive stats, I have little else to do but stack endurance from here on out. Would replacing two Campaign War Leader armorings for two PVP War Hero Vindicator armorings to get the set bonus be worth the loss of 520 HP in exchange for a substantial self-heal? Any input would be appreciated!

Food for thought, you'd be sacrificing the 4 piece bonus (20% more damage reduced by Blade Barrier) to pick this other one up.

So, you're assuming the 2k you heal is going to be more than the extra reduction that's added to Blade Barrier, and on top of that, you have to be able to Guardian Leap someone to get that benefit, when most boss fights require you to position a boss in a specific spot and NOT have him face the raid due to cleaves. You also have to spend a GCD to get this heal, whereas Blade Barrier is both healing you (effectively) while also generating threat and damage.

Long story short, no, I don't think this set bonus would be worth it for PvE.

Edited by wadecounty

For a start you would be better off using battlemaster shells with pve armourings in them.

Honestly you would be healing 8% health every 30 seconds, maybe look at grabbing the supercommando set bonus instead if your set bonus is lackluster.

Actually Its an 8% heal every 20 seconds. Not very honest...

Edited by Simbr

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.